ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. An assumption is something supposed or taken for granted. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions is implicit in the statement.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 18 | Tags: sbi     | sbi po     | sbi po 2001     | reasoning     | Add Bounty

In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. An assumption is something supposed or taken for granted. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions is implicit in the statement.

Statement: The state government has issued a notification to the effect that all the coaching classes must register themselves immediately giving details of fees, infrastructural facilities and bio-data of teachers.
Assumptions:
I. All those coaching classes which do not have requisite infrastructure and teachers may close down
II. All the coaching classes may hereafter charge uniform fees for all the students
1). Give answer A if only assumption I is implicit
2). Give answer B if only assumption II is implicit
3). Give answer C if either assumption I or II is implicit
4). Give answer D if neither assumption I nor II is implicit

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
Solution

Statement II is not an implicit assumption. It is not necessary that after this notice the coaching will charge uniformly. Fees is dependent on many factors such as material provided, infrastructure quality, teacher quality, number of dedicated hours etc. It is not necessary that all these factors are same due to the notice.
Statement I is an implicit assumption. If government issues this notice, it may be the case that coaching which have poor teachers and infrastructure may close down.

Thus, A is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Solution

Statement II is not an implicit assumption. It is not necessary that after this notice the coaching will charge uniformly. Fees is dependent on many factors such as material provided, infrastructure quality, teacher quality, number of dedicated hours etc. It is not necessary that all these factors are same due to the notice.
Statement I is an implicit assumption. If government issues this notice, it may be the case that coaching which have poor teachers and infrastructure may close down.

Thus, A is the correct answer.

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In a computer how many bits does a nibble signify ?

2. In a certain code BOARD is written as 54#12 and MORE is written as 941$. How is DREAM written in that code ?

3. What approximate value should come in place of the question mark (?) in the following questions ? (Note : You are not expected to calculate the exact value.)

4. Which of the following is NOT a member of Organisation of Petro leum Exporting countries (OPEC)

5. Read the following information and the sentence A,B,C,D and E given below it carefully and answer the question which follow:A host of foreign companies are in talks with the Indian government for selling B150, a tough short-haul plane ideal for connectivity of smaller towns which is lacking in India

6. The simple interest accrued on an amount of Rs 19,800 at the end of three years is Rs 7,128. What would be the compound interest accrued on the same amount at the same rate in the same period ?

7. In the following questions, the symbols @. ?, #, $ and % are used with the following meaning as illustrated below :?p ? Q? means ?P is either greater than or equal to Q?.`P % Q? means ?P is either smaller than or equal to Q?.?P @ Q? means ?P is neither greater than nor smaller than Q?.P # Q? means ?

8. Direction: In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words/phrases are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word/phrase in each case.There is a considerable

9. In each of the questions below are given four statements followed by three conclusions numbered I, II and III, You have take the given statement to be true even if they seen to be variance from commonly known facts. Read all conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregarding commonly known facts.

10. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words/phrases are given in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.Core competencies and focus are now the mantras of corporate strategists in Western economies. But while managers in the