ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following questions, the symbols @ #. $. %, * are used with the following meaning as illustrated below :?P @ Q? means ?P is not greater than Q?.?P # Q? means ?P is greater than or equal to Q?.P $ Q? means `P is neither greater than nor less than Q.?P % Q? means ?P is less than Q?.?P * Q ? mea

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 31 | Tags: sbi     | sbi clerk     | sbi clerk 2007     | statement and conclusions     | reasoning     | Add Bounty

In the following questions, the symbols @ #. $. %, * are used with the following meaning as illustrated below :
?P @ Q? means ?P is not greater than Q?.
?P # Q? means ?P is greater than or equal to Q?.
P $ Q? means `P is neither greater than nor less than Q.
?P % Q? means ?P is less than Q?.
?P * Q ? means ?P is neither less than nor equal to Q?.
Now in each of the following questions assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the three conclusions I, II and III given below them is/are definitely true ?

Statements :
M % R, R # T, T * N
Conclusions :
I. N % R
II. M % T
III. M * N
1). Nine is true
2). Only I is true
3). Only II is true
4). Only I and III are true

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Solution

Statements : M < R ; R $\geq$ T ; T > N

Combining above statements, we get : $R>M$ and $R\geq T>N$

Conclusions :

I. N % R : $N<R$ = true

II. M % T : $M<T$ = false

III. M * N : $M>N$ = false

Thus, only I is true.

=> Ans - (B)

Join Telegram Group

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
Solution

Statements : M < R ; R $\geq$ T ; T > N

Combining above statements, we get : $R>M$ and $R\geq T>N$

Conclusions :

I. N % R : $N<R$ = true

II. M % T : $M<T$ = false

III. M * N : $M>N$ = false

Thus, only I is true.

=> Ans - (B)

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In each of the questions below are given two statements followed by three conclusions numbered I, II and III. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be variance from commonly-known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregarding commonly-known facts.

2. In the following question, two statements are given each followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statement to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements.Statement:(I) All horses are bullocks.(II) All bullocks are goats.Conclusions:(I) All horses are goats.(II) All goats are horses.

3. In the following question, two statements are given each followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements.Statement:(I) Kids rejoice with toys and toys give them new opportunities to think in various ways.(II) Toys are non-living things that create a virtual world around kids to think and perceive in various ways.Conclusions:(I) If children don't play with toys some part of the personality is underdeveloped.(II) Toys are mandatory and undetachable part of their personality.

4. In each question below are two/three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and 11. You have to Lake the given statements to be true even if they seem to he at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follow (s) from the statements disreg

5. In each of the following questions the symbols @, ? ,#, $ and % are used with the following meaning as illustrated below:?P?Q? means ?P is either greater than or equal to Q??P%Q? means ?P is either smaller than or equal to Q??P@Q? means ?p is neither greater than nor smaller than Q??P#Q? means ?p is

6. In these questions, relationship between dif erent elements is shown in the statements. The statements are followed by conclusions. Study the conclusions based on the given statements and select the appropriate answer.Give answer a: If both conclusions I and II are trueb: If only conclusion I is truec: If neither conclusion I nor II is trued: If only conclusion II is truee: If either conclusion I or conclusion II is true

7. In these questions, relationship between different elements is shown in the statements.These statements are followed by two conclusions.Mark answer a: if Only conclusion I followsMark answerb: if Only conclusion II followsMark answer c: if Either conclusion I or II followsMark answer d: if Neither conclusion I nor II followsMark answer e: if Both conclusions I and II follow

8. Consider the given statement/s to be true and decide which of the given conclusions/assumptions can definitely be drawn from the given statement.Statement: To achieve economic development, people should work hard.Conclusions: I: Economic development is directly related to people's hardwork.II: Working hard by all the people is impossible

9. In the following question, two statements are given each followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements.Statements:(I) All flowers are stems.(II) All stems are roots.Conclusion:(I) All roots are flowers.(II) All stems are flowers.

10. Inthefollowingquestion,oneortwostatement(s)is/aregivenfollowedbytwoconclusions/assumptions,IandII.Youhavetoconsiderthestatementto be true, even if it seems to be at variance from commonly known facts. You are to decide which of the given conclusions/assumptions can definitely be drawn from the given statement. Indicate youranswer.Statement: Some kings are queens. All queens are beautiful . Conclusions:I- All kings are beautiful.Conclusions:II- All queens are kings