ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following questions, the symbols ?, *, $, @ and ? are used with the following meaning as illustrated below:?P $ Q? means ?P is neither smaller than nor greater than Q`.?P ? Q? means ?P is not smaller than Q?.?P ? Q? means ?P is either smaller than or equal to Q?.?P * Q? means ?P is smaller th

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 20 | Tags: ibps     | ibps clerk     | ibps clerk 11th dec 2011 sz 1st shift     | statement and conclusions     | reasoning     | Add Bounty

In the following questions, the symbols ?, *, $, @ and ? are used with the following meaning as illustrated below:
?P $ Q? means ?P is neither smaller than nor greater than Q`.
?P ? Q? means ?P is not smaller than Q?.
?P ? Q? means ?P is either smaller than or equal to Q?.
?P * Q? means ?P is smaller than Q?.
?P @ Q? means is neither smaller than nor equal to Q?.
Now in each of the following questions assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the two conclusions I and II given below them is/ are definitely true ?
Give answer:
a: if only Conclusion I is true.
b: if only Conclusion II is true.
c: if either Conclusion I or II is true.
d: if neither Conclusion I nor II is true,
e: if both Conclusions I and II are true.

Statements : W $ F, F ? R, R * M
Conclusions :
I. R * W
II, R $ W
1). if only Conclusion I is true
2). if only Conclusion II is true
3). if either Conclusion I or II is true
4). if neither Conclusion I nor II is true

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Solution

the statements with their meanings are as follows:

W $ F:W=F:
F ยง R:{F}$\geq${R}
R * M:R<M
these can be simplified as :W={F}$\geq${R} AND M>R

conclusion I. R * W: implies R<W, can be true as can be seen from the equation
conclusion II, R $ W:implies R=W can be true as can be seen from the equation
but since either one of them can only be true as once therefore the answer is option C.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following questions, the symbols @, #, %, $, * are used with different meanings as follows:?A @ B? means ?A is not smaller than B??A # B? means ?A is not greater than B??A % B? means ?A is neither smaller than nor equal to B??A $ B? means ?A is neither greater than nor equal to B??A * B? mean

2. In these questions, relationship between different elementsis shown in the statements.The statements are followed by two conclusions.Give answer (a) if only Conclusion I is true.Give answer (b) if only Conclusion II is true.Give answer (c) if either Conclusion I or H is true.Give answer (d) if neither Conclusion I nor II is true.Give answer (e) if both Conclusions I and II are true.

3. In the following questions, the symbols * $ ? ? and % are used with the following meaning as illustrated below:?A ? B? means ?A is neither greater than nor equal to B?.?A % B? means ?A is neither smaller than nor greater than B?.?A * B? means ?A is not greater than B?.?A $ B? means ?A is greater tha

4. In the following questions symbols @, #, % , $ and * are used with different meanings as follows.?A @ B? means `A is not smaller than B?.`A # B? means ?A is neither smaller than nor equal to B?.`A % B? means ?A is neither smaller than nor greater than B?.`A $ B? means ?A is not greater than B?.`A *

5. In the following questions, the symbols @, S. %, @ and # are used with the following meaning as illustrated below :`P @ Q? means ?P is neither greater than nor equal to Q??P $ Q? means ?P is not smaller than Q??P # Q? means ?P is neither smaller than nor greater than Q??P ? Q? means ?P is not greate

6. Statement : The cost of manufacturing cars in state A is thirty per cent less than the cost of manufacturing cars in state B. Even after transportation fee for the differential distances of states A and B and the inter-state taxes, it is cheaper to manufacture cars in state B than state A for selling these cars in State C. Which of the following supports the conclusion drawn in the above statement ?

7. In the following question, two statements are given each followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements. Statement: (I) In the GST Model in India, it would be dual tax (GST) with the center and states simultaneously levying tax on a common base tax.(II) The central and state GST would be levied on every transaction of supply of goods and services simultaneously. Conclusions: (I) This new tax regime would benefit common man of country.(II) There would be more clarity on state and central component.

8. In each of the questions below are given four statements followed by four conclusions numbered I, II, Ill and IV. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance fromcommonly known facts. Read all the condo sions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically from the given statements disregard ing commonly known facts.

9. In these questions, relationship between dif erent elements is shown in the statements. The statements are followed by conclusions. Study the conclusions based on the given statements and select the appropriate answer.Give answer :a: If only conclusion I is true.b: If either conclusion I or II is truec: If only conclusion II is true.d: If neither conclusion I nor II is truee: If both conclusions I and II are true.

10. Consider the given statement/s to be true and decide which of the given conclusions/assumptions can definitely be drawn from the given statement.Statement: To achieve economic development, people should work hard.Conclusions: I: Economic development is directly related to people's hardwork.II: Working hard by all the people is impossible