ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered.These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately Find out the appropriate word in each case.Once upon a time two friends were (71) through the dese

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 105 | Tags: sbi     | sbi clerk     | sbi clerk 2009     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered.These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately Find out the appropriate word in each case.

Once upon a time two friends were (71) through the desert During some point of the (72) they had an argument and one friend slapped the other one in the face The one who got slapped was (73) but without saying anything he wrote in the sand, ?Today my best friend slapped me in the face.They Kept on walking (74) they found an oasis where they (75) to take a bath.The one who had been slapped got (76) in the quicksand and started drowing but the friend saved him.After the friend (77) from the near drowning he wrote on a stone Today my best friend saved my life The friend who slapped and saved his best friend asked him ?After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand and (78) you write on a stone why ?? The other friend (79) When someone hurts us we should write it down in sand where winds of forgiveness can erase it away.But when someone does something good for us we must (80) it in stone where no wind can ever erase it?

1). as
2). until
3). from
4). with

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
Solution

The sentence means that the friends walked up to some point of time till they reached an oasis. Until is the correct preposition .Remaining all prepositions are irrelevant.Hence, B

Join Telegram Group

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Solution

The sentence means that the friends walked up to some point of time till they reached an oasis. Until is the correct preposition .Remaining all prepositions are irrelevant.Hence, B

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately Find out the appropriate word in each case Today the economies of African countries are growing at

2. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each Reporters and city officials gathered at a Chicago railroad station one afternoon in 1953. The person they were meeting was the 1952 Nobel Peace Prize winner. A few minutes after the train

3. What is the substitute of - Person who files a suit.

4. What is the correct alternative of - I waited for half an hour for my friend, but he didn't turn in.

5. Four words are given, out of which only one word is spelt correctly. Choose the correctly spelt word and click the button corresponding to it.

6. In the following question, fill the blanks with the appropriate pair of words for each blank. He did not agree to do it when asked _______, so they decided to ______ to other methods. (A) Politely, Resort (B) Himself, Take (C) Tomorrow, Adopt

7. In the following question, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the option corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the 'No error' option. Ghana was then (1)/ one of the poorest (2)/ African nation. (3)/ No error (4)

8. What is the synonym of word .Circuitous

9. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'. Early marriages not only leads to high-population (1)/ and thwart the progress of our young population, (2)/ they entail an enormous amount of trouble to young mothers. (3)/ No error (4)

10.  In the following question, choose the word opposite in meaning to the given word. ILLICIT