ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following questions the symbols $$\delta$$, @ ? ,% and $$\bigstar$$ are used with the following meaning a illustrated below:?P ? Q? means ?P is not smaller than Q??P%Q? means ?P is neither smaller than nor equal toQ??P $$\bigstar$$ Q? ?P is neither greater than nor equal to Q??P$$\delta$$Q? m

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 37 | Tags: sbi     | sbi po     | sbi po 2010     | statement and conclusions     | reasoning     | Add Bounty

In the following questions the symbols $$\delta$$, @ ? ,% and $$\bigstar$$ are used with the following meaning a illustrated below:
?P ? Q? means ?P is not smaller than Q?
?P%Q? means ?P is neither smaller than nor equal toQ?
?P $$\bigstar$$ Q? ?P is neither greater than nor equal to Q?
?P$$\delta$$Q? means ?P is not greater than Q?
?P@Q? means ?P is neither greater than nor smaller than Q?
Now in each of the following question assuming the given statements to be true find which of the three conclusions I, II III and IV given below them is\are definitely true and give your answer accordingly.

Statements: D ? T, T @ R, R ? M, M % K
Conclusions:
I. R @ D
II. R % D
III. K ? T
IV. M ? T
1). Only either I or II is true
2). Only III and IV are true
3). Only either I or II and III are true
4). Only either I or II and IV are true

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
Solution

The given statement can be written as $D\leq T = R \geq M > K$
The conclusions can be written as

(i) $ R=D$

(ii) $ R > D $

(iii) $R \geq M$

(iv) $ M >K$

From the statement, it can be clearly seen that conclusions (iii) and (iv) are definitely true. R is greater than or equal to D. Hence, one among options (i) and (ii) must be true (Collectively exhaustive). Hence, option E is the right answer.

Join Telegram Group

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Solution

The given statement can be written as $D\leq T = R \geq M > K$
The conclusions can be written as

(i) $ R=D$

(ii) $ R > D $

(iii) $R \geq M$

(iv) $ M >K$

From the statement, it can be clearly seen that conclusions (iii) and (iv) are definitely true. R is greater than or equal to D. Hence, one among options (i) and (ii) must be true (Collectively exhaustive). Hence, option E is the right answer.

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, two statements are given each followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements.Statement:(I) All young scientists are open-minded.(II) No open-minded men are superstitious.Conclusions:(I) No scientist is superstitious.(II) No young people are superstitious.

2. In these questions, relationship between different elements is shown in the statements. The statements are followed by two conclusions. Study the conclusions based on the statement and select the appropriate answer. Give answer :a: If either conclusion I or II is trueb: If both conclusions I and II are truec: If only conclusion I is trued: If only conclusion II is truee: If neither conclusion I nor II is true

3. Directions : In each of the question below are given four statements followed by four conclusions numbered I, II, III and IV. You have to assume everything in the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the four given conclusions logically follows from the statements disregarding commonly known facts and select the appropriate answer.

4. In the following questions the symbols $, #, @, ? and % are used with the following meaning as illustrated below:?P @ Q? means ?P is not smaller than Q?.?P $ Q? means ?P is not greater than Q?.?P % Q? means ?P is neither greater than nor equal to Q??P # Q? means ?P is neither smaller than nor equal

5. In these questions, relationship between different elements is shown in the statements.The statements are followed by two conclusions.Give answer a: if only Conclusion I is true.Give answer b: if only Conclusion II is true.Give answer c: if either Conclusion I or II is true.Give answer d: if neither Conclusion I nor II is true.Give answer e: if both Conclusions I and H are true.

6. In these questions, certain symbols have been used to indicate relationships between elements as follows :P @ Q means P is not greater than Q.P # Q means P is not smaller than QP ? Q means P is neither greater than Q nor smaller than QP $$\star$$ Q means P is neither greater than Q nor equal to QP $

7. In these questions, relationship between different elements is shown in the statements.These statements are followed by two conclusions.Mark answer a: if Only conclusion I followsMark answerb: if Only conclusion II followsMark answer c: if Either conclusion I or II followsMark answer d: if Neither conclusion I nor II followsMark answer e: if Both conclusions I and II follow

8. In each question below are three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance fromcommonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disrega

9. In each question below are two/three statements followed by twoconclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the two/three given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given state

10. In each of the questions below are given three statements followed by three conclusions numbered I, II and III. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregarding commonly known facts.