ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

29 vote

Each of the questions below consists of a question andtwo statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are suf icient to answer the question. Read both the statements and -Give answer a: if the data in Statement I alone are sufficient to

Asked on by | Votes 29 | Views: 80 | Tags: sbi     | sbi clerk     | sbi clerk 23 august 2014     | calendar     | reasoning     | Add Bounty

Each of the questions below consists of a question andtwo statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are suf icient to answer the question. Read both the statements and -
Give answer a: if the data in Statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in Statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
Give answer b: if the data in Statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in Statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
Give answer c: if the data either in Statement I alone or in Statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
Give answer d: if the data even in both Statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
Give answer e: if the data in both Statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.

On which day of a week Lalita did her reservation for the journey ?
I. The husband of Lalita correctly remembers that she has done reservation after Monday but before Sunday. However, it is almost certain that she did not made her reservation on Wednesday.
II. The daughter of Lalita correctly remembers that her mother has done her reservation after Tuesday but before Saturday. Since her mother was busy on Thursday so she did not make her reservation on Thursday.
1). if the data in Statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in Statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
2). if the data in Statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in Statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
3). if the data either in Statement I alone or in Statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
4). if the data even in both Statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

25 vote
Answered by on | Votes 25 |
Solution

I : The possible days in which Lalita did her reservation are = Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday

II : The possible days in which Lalita did her reservation are = Wednesday, Friday

Clearly, either statement alone is insufficient, thus from both the statements, common day = Friday

Thus, Lalita did her reservation on Friday.

$\therefore$ Both statements together are sufficient.

=> Ans - (E)

Join Telegram Group

30 vote
Answered by on | Votes 30 |
Solution

I : The possible days in which Lalita did her reservation are = Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday

II : The possible days in which Lalita did her reservation are = Wednesday, Friday

Clearly, either statement alone is insufficient, thus from both the statements, common day = Friday

Thus, Lalita did her reservation on Friday.

$\therefore$ Both statements together are sufficient.

=> Ans - (E)

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below : Following are the conditions for selecting Systems Manager in an organisation :The candidate must -(i) be a graduate engineer, in IT, Computer Science, Electronics with at least 60 percent marks.(ii) be at least thirty

2. Each of the question below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it.You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements and give answer

3. Study the following information and answer the questions.Seven people, namely J, K, L, M, N, O and P watch seven different channels.on seven different days of the same week starting from Monday and ending on Sunday, not necessarily in the same order. K watches a channel on Saturday. More than two pe

4. Study the following information and answer the questions.Seven people, namely A, B, C, D, E, F and G visit seven different restaurants on seven different days of the same week starting from Monday and ending on Sunday, not necessarily in the same order. G visits a restaurant on Thursday. Only two pe

5. Study the following information and answer the questions.Seven people, namely K, L, M, N, O, P and Q have seven different meetings on the seven different days of the same week starting from Monday and ending on Sunday, not necessarily in the same order. L has a meeting on Thursday. Only two people h

6.  On 8th Feb, 2005 it was Tuesday. What was the day of the week on 8th Feb, 2004?

7. Below is given a passage followed by several possible inferences which can be drawn from the facts stated in the passage You have to examine each inference separately in the context of the passage and decide upon its degree of truth or falsity.Mark answer (a)if the inference is ?definitely true? i,e

8. Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below : Following are the conditions for selecting a Marketing Manager in an organisation The candidate must????.(i) be at least 25 years and not more than 35 vears old as on 01.12.2011-(ii) be to graduate in any discipline wit

9.  How many days will there be from 26th January,1996 to 15th May,1996(both days included)?

10.  What day of the week was 1 January 1901