ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In each of the following question four words are given of which two words are most nearly the same or opposite in the meaning Find the two words which are most nearly the same or opposite in meaning and indicate the number of the correct letter combination

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 112 | Tags: sbi     | sbi po     | sbi po 2010     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In each of the following question four words are given of which two words are most nearly the same or opposite in the meaning Find the two words which are most nearly the same or opposite in meaning and indicate the number of the correct letter combination

(A) instigate (B) enquire
(C) construe (D) interpret
1). A-C
2). A-B
3). C-D
4). B-D

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
Solution

The meaning of the words are:
instigate - incite, provoke
enquire - ask
construe- intrepret, explain
intrepret - explain, expound
Hence. intrepret and construe are similar in meaning.
Option C is correct.

Join Telegram Group

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Solution

The meaning of the words are:
instigate - incite, provoke
enquire - ask
construe- intrepret, explain
intrepret - explain, expound
Hence. intrepret and construe are similar in meaning.
Option C is correct.

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the question given below, a sentence is given and is divided into three parts I, II and III. For each part, a correction statement is also given. You have to determine which part requires correction and mark it as your answer. Diana came to prominence in / February 1981 under engagement to Prin

2. To have a finger in every pie

3. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).If you have studied hard, you would have got a first class.

4. It is said that once three old men set out on a Journey together. One of them was bald the second was a philosopher and the third was a barber. At night fall they decided that each one of them should sit for watch turn by turn. The barber was to keep watch first of all, the philosopher alter that a

5. In the question given below, there are five statements marked A-E. All the statements except one belong to the same context. Find the odd one out and mark the correct answer from the given options. The gravity of the situation of India’s most vulnerable children escapes attention because it

6. Why do you fight shy of me ?

7. A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the meaning of the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the option corresponding to 'No improvement'. Astronomers now have a revolutionary, much accurate way to see dark matter in galactic clusters.

8. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which is opposite in meaning to the given word and click the button corresponding to it.LENIENT

9. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives. But before I could be inspired by these amazing people, I had to cleanse my feed. I know my weaknesses: just last week, Facebook memoriesreminded me

10. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.We have discussing (1)/ all the known mechanisms (2)/ of physical growth, (3)/ No error. (4).