ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Which of the phrases (A), (B), (C), and (D) given below should replace the phrase given in ??bold?? in the following sentence to make the sentence grammatically correct. If the sentence is correct as it is and no correction is required, mark (E) as the answer.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 40 | Tags: sbi     | sbi po     | sbi po 2004     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Which of the phrases (A), (B), (C), and (D) given below should replace the phrase given in ??bold?? in the following sentence to make the sentence grammatically correct. If the sentence is correct as it is and no correction is required, mark (E) as the answer.

The government ??should have launch?? such projects which would reverse the destructive cycle of flood and drought.
1). Must be launching
2). Should launch
3). Should have been launched
4). Must have been launched

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Solution

Option B correctly convey the intended message and is consistent with the tense of the sentence. In option A must be launching indicates that the author is predicting that government is launching projects, which is inconsistent with the rest of the sentence. Option C and D have tense error. Thus, B is the right answer.

Join Telegram Group

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Solution

Option B correctly convey the intended message and is consistent with the tense of the sentence. In option A must be launching indicates that the author is predicting that government is launching projects, which is inconsistent with the rest of the sentence. Option C and D have tense error. Thus, B is the right answer.

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Replace the bold words as and if required. If no replacement is required, then choose the option that indicates 'no replacement'. The mountain climber was bemused to have been killed as he plummeted down a steep icy range. I. bemused - presumed II. plummeted - plonked III. range - ravine

2. In the following passage there are blanks. each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each. five words are suggested. one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate wordIn each case. One rainy day While driving me home from school my

3. What is the active/passive of - Whom does he look for

4. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.Some of our latest canon /(A) that have come out of the production /(B) line have a very long range . /(C) No error (D)

5. Directions : Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (5). i.e., No error. (Ignore the errors of punctuation, if any.)

6. Below a word is given followed by three sentences which consist of that word. Identify the sentence/s which best expresses the meaning of the word. Choose option 5 (None of the these) if the word is not suitable in any of the sentences. Buckle The fastening for men’s dressings is limited to buckles and sleeve fasteners. His foot slipped and he gave a buckle of fear. The intense heat made me feel weak because of which my knees began to buckle

7. In each question given below a sentence is given and is divided into three parts I, II and III. For each part, a correction statement is also given. You have to determine which part requires correction and mark it as your answer. If Al Jazeera is to be believed, spot fixing is alive and well./ Sti

8. A majority of Indians prefer to use internet for accessing banking and other financial services than shopping online, show a new survey. Almost 57% of Indians respondents using the internet prefer to bank online and use other financial services due to hassle-free access and time saving feature of o

9. The following sentences form a paragraph. The second and fifth sentences of the paragraph are given. The rest of the sentences are numbered as A, B, C, D and E. These five parts are not given in their proper order. Read the sentences and choose the alternative that arranges them in th

10. Select the antonym ofdiscrepant