ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

21 vote

It is said that once three old men set out on a Journey together. One of them was bald the second was a philosopher and the third was a barber. At night fall they decided that each one of them should sit for watch turn by turn. The barber was to keep watch first of all, the philosopher alter that a

Asked on by | Votes 21 | Views: 817 | Tags: dsssb     | dsssb 2015     | dsssb grade ii (dass) tier ii exam     | english comprehension     | dsssb previous year     | Add Bounty

It is said that once three old men set out on a Journey together. One of them was bald the second was a philosopher and the third was a barber. At night fall they decided that each one of them should sit for watch turn by turn.
The barber was to keep watch first of all, the philosopher alter that and the baldman last of all. So. the Philosopher and the baldman went to sleep and the barber was on
Watch For sometime he kept awake but in the end. he felt tired of it and he thought of some diversion as otherwise it was difficult for him to pass time. Then he tookout the razor from his box and shaved the head of the philosopher and himself went to sleep. When the philosopher got up and felt his head all over, he was startled and said in surprise. “It was my turn but this wretched fellow has awakened baldman

Why did the philosopher get up?

1). He realised that his head was being shaved off
2). It was his turn to keep watch
3). He was awakened by the barber
4). He had a bad dream

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

DSSSB Facebook Group | Join DSSSB Telegram Group

2 answers

35 vote
Answered by on | Votes 35 | | Last Updated: 2021-08-07 12:16:30

He was awakened by the barber

Join Telegram Group

25 vote
Answered by on | Votes 25 |
He was awakened by the barber

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. The following sentences form a paragraph. The sentences are numbered as P, Q, R, S and T. These sentences are not given in their proper order. Read the sentences and choose the alternative that arranges them in correct order. P. Prominent examples of implementation of the Reagan Doctrine inclu

2. Directions : Rearrange the following sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) to make a meaningful paragraph and answer the questions which follow. (A) However while reading they would not know when to pause and what to emphasize. (B) Si

3. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) He suggested to me /(B) that I should /(C)do all the work as /(D) quickly like him./(E) No Error.

4. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.He asked my mother (A)/ why had she gone to office (B)/ when she knew there would be fewer buses on road that day. (C)/ No error (D)

5. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one, which best express the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. 'Please give me something to eat. I am hungry' the beggar said to them.

6. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions. Certain words/ phrases are given in bold to help you locate them while ?answering some of the questions.Inequality is at the top of the agenda around the world. Hilary Clinton, the leading Democratic candidate to succeed Barack Obama as

7. The subordinate made a remark against his boss that cost his job.

8. What is the correct alternative of - He did not and could not have understood the full facts of the case.

9. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives and click the button corresponding to it.Until he was ten, young Alexander Fleming attended the nearby Loudoun Moor School. He was then transferred to

10. In the following questions , sentences are with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate and suitable word . Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative out of the four. His persuasive tone was able to tackle the boy whom other teachers had found _________