ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Select the correct meaning of the idiom. Donkey work

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 44 | Tags: phrase or idiom meaning     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Select the correct meaning of the idiom.

Donkey work

1). Useless work
2). Hard or boring work
3). Someone else's work
4). Copy something without using brains

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
The idiom 'donkey work' means 'hard or boring work.' Thus option 2 is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Which of the phrases A, B, C and D given below should replace the phrase given in bold in the following sentences to make the sentence grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is and there is no correction required mark e: i.e. ?No correction required? as the answer.

2. What is the substitute of - Anything which is no longer in use

3. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words/phrases have been given in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions: In every religion, culture and civilization feeding the poor and hungry is considered one of the most noble deeds

4. What is the active/passive of - The driver was blowing the horn.

5. In the following questions, some of the sentences have errors and some have none. Find out which part of a sentence has an error. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, your answer is ( 4) i.e. No error

6. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).The bell was ringing and ringing but no one picked up the phone.

7. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words are given in bold to help you to locate them whileanswering some of the questions.Recent advances in science and technology have made it possible for geneticists to find out abnormalities in the unborn foetus

8. Read the passage given below and answer the questions given below the passage. The elections this time are unusual, even unprecedentedly so, for they are not about how India chooses but about what India is about. For those many who want the present government back, the coming elections are a nation

9. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - He said , " My parents are arriving tomorrow."

10. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. I kept quiet (in) some time and thought.