ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, sentence given with blank is to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. Even many setbacks in his endeavours never made him falter in his _______.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 30 | Tags: fill in the blanks (vocabulary)     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, sentence given with blank is to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.

Even many setbacks in his endeavours never made him falter in his _______.

1). Wish
2). Supposition
3). Ambitions
4). Question

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
'To falter' is to lose strength. The blank must contain a noun that conveys the meaning of the sentence. As even the setbacks did not make him lose his strength, that means he must be very strong in his desire to achieve through his endeavours, 'ambition' becomes apt here. 'Wish', 'suppositions' are too vague as words to aptly fit the blank. So, the answer must be option 3.

Join Telegram Group

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
'To falter' is to lose strength. The blank must contain a noun that conveys the meaning of the sentence. As even the setbacks did not make him lose his strength, that means he must be very strong in his desire to achieve through his endeavours, 'ambition' becomes apt here. 'Wish', 'suppositions' are too vague as words to aptly fit the blank. So, the answer must be option 3.

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) You must /(B) not held in high esteem /(C) those who are / (D) dangers to our society. /(E) No Error.

2. Thought the Cold War has ended selective tactics are still continuing for ensuring the military and economic dominance of developed countries Various types of technology denial regimes are still being enforced which are now being mainly targeted against developing countries like India Today we in I

3. Which of the phrases (A),(B),(C),(D), given below each statement should replace the phrase printed in bold in the sentence to make it grammatically correct ? If the sentence is correct as it is given and ?No correction is required? mark (E) as the answer.

4. 1. When they heard the bell P. out of his clothes Q. as quickly R. every boy scrambled S. and got into bed 6. as possible

5. In the question below, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose "No improvement." My father was anxious about my sister's result and me also.

6. Select the word with the correct spelling.

7. What is the correct alternative of - One of my friends are an I.A.S officer.

8. Out of the given options, choose the sentence, which in your view, is the most grammatically and structurally correct. Please note that the meaning or the context of the sentence must not change.

9. The following question consists of a sentence(s) with one blank only. You are given six words as answer choices and from the six choices you have to pick up two correct answers, either of which will make the sentence meaningfully complete. There is no easy short-term solution to the country's chronic economic _______.  A. Doldrums  B. Aghast  C. Mirth  D. Presage  E. Ambit F. Malaise 

10. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - I warned her that I could no longer tolerate her coming late.