ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

The sentence given with blank is to be filled with an appropriate word. Four alternatives are suggested, choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. At one point I got ________ and one of the men explained to me how to proceed.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 26 | Tags: fill in the blanks (vocabulary)     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

The sentence given with blank is to be filled with an appropriate word. Four alternatives are suggested, choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it.

At one point I got ________ and one of the men explained to me how to proceed.

1). Pessimist
2). Stuck
3). Excited
4). Irritated

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

Let us first take a look at the meaning of given words:

Pessimist- a person who tends to see the worst aspect of things or believe that the worst will happen

Stuck- fixed, puzzled

Excited- filled with joy

Irritated- annoyed

The sentence conveys that the person got ‘puzzled’ and some other person told him the way to proceed. Thus, ‘stuck’ is the most suitable word, according to the context of the sentence.

Option 2 is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Complete the following sentence. The journey of the car through the village was an emblem of ___________.

2. Read each sentence to had out whether there is any, grammatical error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is ?no error?, the answer is (e) i.e. 'No Error?. (Ignore the errors of punctuation, if any).

3. In the following question, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and mark the remaining, i.e., the errorless combination as your answer. Even after OPEC’s sudden change (A)/ in its supply outlook, oil surprising (B)/ continued its longest losing streak (C)/ on record, perhaps owing with expectations that (D)/ the production cut would not raise prices significantly. (E)

4. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word opposite in meaning to the word given. Meretricious   

5. Direction: Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. In the past few years, solar pumps have consistently piqued the interest of various bureaucrats and politicians. The Prime Minis

6. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word and click the button corresponding to it.PANACEA

7. Read the passage given below and answer the questions given below the passage. In the preceding section there is analysed the attempt on the part of individuality to operate as its own legislator and judge of laws holding for individuals. Individuality may claim the privilege of enunciating laws un

8. In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately Find out the appropriate word in each case Today the economies of African countries are growing at

9. Which of the phrases a, b, c and d given below should replace the phrase given in bold in the following sentences to make the sentence grammatically meaningful and correct. If the sentence is correct as it is and no correction is required. mark e as the answer.

10. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. The much-anticipated fifth generation (5G) networks are expected to roll out across the world by 2020, and are expected to offer faster speeds and more reliable connections, thus powering Internet of Things (IoT) de