ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word and click the button corresponding to it. Turn

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 21 | Tags: synonyms or antonyms     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word and click the button corresponding to it.

Turn

1). Tighten
2). Twist
3). Open
4). Lock

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

Turn means 'move or cause to move in a circular direction wholly or partly around an axis or point.' Twist means 'turn or bend into a specified position or in a specified direction.' So option 2 is correct.$

Tighten: make or become tight or tighter.$

Open: allowing access, passage, or a view through an empty space; not closed or blocked$

Lock: a mechanism for keeping a door, window, lid, or container fastened, typically operated by a key.$

Thus, option 2 is the correct answer. $

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. The following question consists of a sentence with one blank only. You are given six words as answer choices, you have to pick up two correct answers, either of which will make the sentence meaningfully complete.  Everyone gets ______ the moment an adolescent or a woman announces the desire to be free. A. Authoritative B. Distraught C. Prerogative D. Mysterious E. Doubtful F. Frantic

2. Read the following passage and answer the questions given below it. Certain words/phrases are given in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.In a disarmingly frank talk at the Indian Merchants Chamber in Mumbai the Japanese Ambassador in India dwelt at length wise issues

3. A live wire

4. As mentioned in the story, which of the following can be said about the elephant?

5. What is the synonym of word .ESTRANGED

6. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. On a holiday, Priya (prefers reading than going) for shopping.

7. Choose the word/group of words which is most opposite in meaning to the word/group of words printed in bold as used in the passage.

8. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - The Chief Guest said, " It gives me great pleasure to be here this morning."

9. In the following question, out of the given four alternatives, select the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word.  Scurrility

10. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.The job is much worse than I expected. (A)/ If I would have realised how awful it was going to be (B)/ I would not have accepted it. (C)/ No error (D)