ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word similar in meaning to the word given. Aggrandize

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 19 | Tags: synonyms or antonyms     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word similar in meaning to the word given.

Aggrandize

1). Annex
2). Alias
3). Clarify
4). Glorify

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

The word aggrandize means embellish; increase the scope, power, or importance of.

Let us look at the meanings of the other words-

Annex-attach to

Alias-a name that has been assumed temporarily

Clarify-to make something more understandable and clear.

Glorify-to present something as admirable. To praise and worship.

Since, glorify means the most similar to the given word, therefore, option 4 is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the question given below, a sentence is given and is divided into three parts I, II and III. For each part a correction statement is also given. You have to determine which part requires correction and mark it as your answer. One of the thorniest research issues / developmental researchers face

2. Read Ito? following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words are printed in bold to help you locate them while answering sonic of the questions.Once upon a time. there was a shrewd shopkeeper called Makitrand. He had a friend called Mihir, who had saved a lot of money

3. Read the following passage carefully and answer the question given below it.Certain words/phrases have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the question.Governments have traditionally equated economic progress with steel mills and cement factories. While urban centers

4. In the following question, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the option corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the ‘No error’ option. If he will ask me (1)/ where you live, (2)/ I will tell him your address. (3)/ No Error (4)

5. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.The parents gave their children some (advice) before they left for the picnic.

6. Read the following passage to answer the given question based on it. Some words/phrases are printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.Organized retail has ?fuelled? new growth categories like liquid hand wash, breakfast cereals and pet foods in the consumer goods

7. In these questions, there are two statements which can be combined into a single statement in a number of different ways without changing their meaning. Below them are given three probable starters (1), (2) and (3) of such a combined sentence. One, two, three or none of them may be correct. Decide upon which is/are correct, if any and mark the option which denotes your answer. If none of the three starters is suitable mark, 'None' as your answer.

8. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice. The carpenters will take a month's time to make the furniture.

9. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which will improve the bracketed part of the sentence. In case no improvement is needed, select "no improvement". Environmental care (had slowly regressing) to the back of our daily requirements.

10. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.He thanked me for what I(have done) for his wife.