ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/ Phrase. Hear it on the grapevine

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 20 | Tags: phrase or idiom meaning     | english comprehension    

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/ Phrase.

Hear it on the grapevine

1). to hear rumors' about something or someone.
2). To go to bed.
3). To be or remain proud, stoical, or august in one's manner or composure.
4). Overwhelmed by what is happening in the moment.

Answer This Question with Explaination and Earn! Click Here to Know More!

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

0 answers

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the synonym of word .Consignee

2. Read the sentence to find out whether there is any error in it or not. The error, if any will be in TWO parts of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (5). Ignore errors of punctuation if any. The occupancy rate (A)/ of beds has (B)/ been averaging out (C)/ about 80 percent. (D)

3. 1. I went to my friend last week . P. He politely refused to oblige me. Q.I did not speak even a single word. R. Actually I wanted his scooter for a day. S.I felt ashamed of myself. 6. I was mistaken in assessing a true friendship.

4. In the following questions , out of the four alternatives , choose the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word  SLAKE  

5. What is the active/passive of - The Army chief punished his subordinate.

6. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. Today, an estimated 10 million people in nine districts in West Bengal drink arsenic-laden groundwater. It is the worst worldwide case of mass p

7. What is the antonym or opposite of word Adversity

8. Choose the sentence from the given options that is grammatically correct. Note here that the context of the sentence should remain the same.

9. What is the synonym of word .Panacea

10. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) I don't like /(B) such nasty /(C) things,/(D) nor he does./(E) No Error.