ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

A man crosses a road 250 metres wide in 75 seconds. His speed in km/hr is :

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 82 | Tags: mathematics     | time and distance     | quantitative aptitude     | ssc     | Add Bounty

A man crosses a road 250 metres wide in 75 seconds. His speed in km/hr is :
1). 10
2). 12
3). 12.5
4). 15

SSC CGL Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

3 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

Join Telegram Group

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
We know that, Speed=distance/time Speed=$\frac{250}{75}$ m/sec Also, we know that, 1 m/sec =$\frac{18}{5}$ km/h =$\frac{250}{75}\times\frac{18}{5}$ =12 km/hr

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

Speed =$\frac{Distance}{time}=\frac{250}{75}$

= 2 × 6 km/hr. = 12 km/hr.

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1.  A person has to cover a distance of 6 km in 45 minutes. If he covers one-half of the distance in two-thirds of the total time; to cover the remaining distance in the remaining time, his speed (in km/h

2.  Two trains are traveling in the same direction with speed of 30 km/hr and 58 km/hr respectively. A man in the slower train passes the faster train in 18 seconds. Find the length of the faster train.

3.  A car takes 6 hours to cover a distance of 540 Km. how much should the speed in Kmph be maintained to cover the same direction in 3/2th of the previous time?

4.  A boat moves downstream at 1 km in 5 minutes and upstream at 1 km in 12 minutes.What is the speed of current?

5.  How long will a boy take to run round a square field of side 35 metres, if he runs at the rate of 9 km/hr?

6. A farmer travelled a distance of 61 km in 9 hours. He travelled partly on foot at the rate 4 kmph and partly on bicycle at the rate 9 kmph . The distance travelled on foot is

7.  A person travels from P to Q at a speed of 40 kmph and returns by increasing his speed by 50%. What is his average speed for both the trips?

8.  A man goes from A to B at a speed of 20 kmph and comes back to A at a speed of 30 kmph. Find his average speed for the entire journey?

9. In a one- kilometre race A, B and C are the three participants. A can give B a start of 50 m. and C a start of 69 m . The start, which B can allow C is

10. If I walk at 5 km/hour, I miss a train by 7 minutes. If, however, I walk at 6 km/hour,I reach the station 5 minutes before the departure of the train. The distance (in km) between my house and the station is