ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

1 vote

A sight for sore eyes 

Asked on by | Votes 1 | Views: 230 | Tags: phrase or idiom meaning     | english comprehension    

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.

A sight for sore eyes 

1). An ugly sight unpleasant to the eyes.
2). When one becomes tired of watching too much TV or reading.
3). A person or thing that one is extremely pleased or relieved to see.
4). A beautiful sight that you can visualise even with closed eyes.

Answer This Question with Explaination and Earn! Click Here to Know More!

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

0 answers

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Most societies agree that the drive to protect and nurture one's infant is a basic human trait. Yet infanticide—the killing of an infant at the hands of a

2. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) What pleases him /(B) more /(C) is a healthy criticism /(D) of his/ performance./(E) No Error.

3. Select the synonym of bouffant

4. What is the antonym or opposite of word aPproached

5. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.Whole world is (A)/ today facing the threat of extinction (B)/ due to the inventions of Science. (C)/ No error (D)

6. Read the sentence to find out whether there is any error in it or not. The error, if any, will be in TWO parts of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (5). Ignore errors of punctuation, if any.   Looking at her skinny self (A) in the mirror, baggy eyes (B) and unruly hair, she (C) sighed with great despair (D).

7. 1. There are many roads into the world of books, but the way of fiction is probably the most common. P. Then too the appeal of the story, whether told as poem , play, history , biography , or novel is primitive and strong. Q. The reason is plain. R. They are to us what epic poetry was to the Gr

8. What is the active/passive of - When were you playing football

9. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).I had more sympathy with you, my friend.

10. What is the active/passive of - He presented me a bouquet on my birthday .