ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

53 vote

Fill in the blank with the correct word. What is the time _____ your watch?

Asked on by | Votes 53 | Views: 7699 | Tags: miscellaneous     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Fill in the blank with the correct word.

What is the time _____ your watch?

1). In
2). On
3). With
4). By

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

3 answers

23 vote
Answered by on | Votes 23 |
The correct preposition here is 'by' as 'by' is used to convey the correct meaning. The other prepositions do not fit here. By here means according to and fits here appropriately.

Join Telegram Group

41 vote
Answered by on | Votes 41 |

Some People Say: what is the time on ur watch is the correct answer.

But its not the correct answer:

Correct answer is: what is the time by ur watch.

Example: It is 10 O'clock by my watch.

Accepted Answer

11 vote
Answered by on | Votes 11 |
What is the time by your watch

Hence "By" is the correct answer

Other Questions

1. Find out the misspelt word

2. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error if any will be in one part of the sentence, the number of that part will be the answer. If there is no error, the answer is e:. i.e. No error?. (Ignore the errors of punctuation, if any.)

3. Which of the phrases a: b: c: and d: given below should replace the phara given in bold in the following sentence to make the sentence grammatically meaningful and correct ? If the sentence is correct as it is and ?No correction required? mark e: as the answer.

4. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) I often visited her /(B) arid found myself quite/(C) puzzled to see the dreadful pictures /(D) which she had hung on the wall. /(E) No Error.

5. In each of these question two sentence I and II are given Each sentence has a blank in it Five words (a), (b), (c) (d) and (e) are suggested. Out of these only one fits at both the places in the context of each sentence Number of that word is the answer

6. Gopi works by fits and starts .

7. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase. An inscription in memory of a buried person  

8. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'. Each nation aspire to do well, (1)/ but there are glaring economical (2)/ inequalities between them.(3)/ No error (4)

9. A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the button corresponding to 'No improvement'.Salman and the other actors drove through the forest.

10. Find out the misspelt word