ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. The clerk said, "What can I do for you?"

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 29 | Tags: ssc     | ssc cgl     | ssc cgl tier 2     | ssc cgl 2017     | ssc cgl 20 04 2018     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.
The clerk said, "What can I do for you?"
1). The clerk asked what he could do for me.
2). The clerk asked what he can do for me.
3). The clerk asked what he could be doing for me.
4). The clerk asked what he can be doing for me.

SSC CGL Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
NA

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. The question below consists of a set of labelled sentences. These sentences, when properly sequenced form a coherent paragraph. Select the most logical order of sentences from among the options. P: Having low self esteem would mean that you do not respect or value yourself highly. Q: You may be

2. Read the following passage carefully and answer the question given below it. Certain words/phrases have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.Despite the economic crunch worldwide that saw pulverization of some of the largest banking and finance giants, I

3. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose, one of the greatest of modern scientists, graduated from St. Xavier's College, Kolkata. He then obtained Tripos of Cambridge University and joined the Presid

4. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. The kidnapper struck the victim (twice on his) face.

5. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. Sheetal said to me, 'How have you solved this problem?'

6. One part of the given sentence has errors. Find out which part has an error and mark that part as your answer. If there are no errors, mark (5) as your answer. The team is (1)/ headed to the (2)/ nationals since it won (3)/ the state finals. (4)/ No Error (5)

7. In each of the questions, four alternatives are given for the Idiom/Phrase. Choose the alternative whichbest expresses the meaning of the Idiom/Phrase and click the button corresponding to it.Strain every nerve

8. In the given passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. Against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. We all have a ?(1)... in the infrastructure surrounding us-the roads, buildings, power lines and telephone networks that we ?(2)... on daily. Ho

9. My friends fail to see why I should ride the ............ horse just because I have won a prize.

10. Read the sentence to find out whether there is any error in it or not. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part (which has the error) is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (5). Ignore errors of punctuation, if any.  She was /(1) quite amusing /(2) when she heard /(3) what had happened. /(4)