ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Select the phrase/connector from the given three options which can be used to form a single sentence from the two sentences given below, implying the same meaning as expressed in the statement sentences. He was very rich. He was still unhappy i Though ii Inspite of  iii Despite

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 20 | Tags: grammar     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Select the phrase/connector from the given three options which can be used to form a single sentence from the two sentences given below, implying the same meaning as expressed in the statement sentences.

He was very rich. He was still unhappy

i Though

ii Inspite of 

iii Despite

1). Only i
2). Only ii
3). Only iii
4). Both ii and iii

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

The correct way of connecting these sentence is ''Though he was very rich he was still unhappy.'' 

The other two options can be used as connectors but, not in this sentence. It will be grammatically wrong to use them here.  

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice. The painter painted the entire bungalow.

2. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - My Daddy always says , " Getting up early in the morning is a good habit ."

3. Rearrange the given six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in a proper sequence so as to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the given questions. A. Moreover, the number of Iicenceholders has risen even faster, one in five Chinese now has a licence. B. Apart from the fact that the co

4. Rearrange the following sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), (F) into a proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and answer the questions. One contributing factor to this poverty is the inability of people to feed themselves effectively. When human rights are compromised, most often it

5. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. India’s trade deficit narrowed to a five-month low at $13.98 billion in September despite higher oil prices, even as merchandise exports entered negative territory after a gap of six months. Data released by t

6. was plain sailing

7. Will those of you who have objections to this proposal ............ put up your hands, please ?

8. In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. The actor has been under fire because of her bold sense of dressing up.

9. What is the substitute of - TO keep a great person or event in people's memory

10. What is the synonym of word .Mundane