ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which is opposite in meaning to the given word and click the button corresponding to it. Sanguine

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 16 | Tags: synonyms or antonyms     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which is opposite in meaning to the given word and click the button corresponding to it.

Sanguine

1). Meaningful
2). Charitable
3). Conflicting
4). Pessimistic

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

Sanguine means optimistic or positive. So, its opposite must mean gloomy or pessimistic.

e.g. Maya's pessimistic attitude always annoyed Raghav.

Therefore, the correct answer is option 4.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) Seldom or /(B) ever have I tried my /(C) best to defend my friends, who are after /(D) all guilty to some extent./(E) No Error.

2. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'. Little knowledge of playing volleyball (1) / that she possessed proved to be (2) /helpful at the time of inaugural match. (3) / No Error (4)

3. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. On the day the rupee breached the 74-mark against the US dollar for the first time, RBI governor Urjit Patel on Friday reiterated that the domestic currency is stil

4. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. Deepti said to Pravin, “Do you like to watch movies?”

5. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions.The term "shadow bank" was coined in 2007 to describe risky off-balance-sheet vehicles hatched by banks to sell loans repackaged as bonds. Today, the term is used more loosely to cover all financial intermediaries that perform bank-like a

6. In each of the following sentences, and idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence.

7. Fill in the blank(s) with the correct word(s). A big problem is that Thailand spends too much money _________ up small schools, where teaching is the poorest.

8. Below a statement has been divided into five parts. The part in bold is fixed and contains no error. Among the other parts, find the erroneous part. If it contains no error, choose option 5 (no error). TRAI has said that it would come up (A)/ with separate regulations to (B)/ the reasonable development of such (C)/ network-enhanced practices. (D)

9. The company let me .......... time off work.

10. Find out the misspelt word