ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Arrange the sentences in a chronological order such that they form a proper passage. Sentence E is the SECOND statement and B is the FIFTH statement. A. The World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) estimate that tourism contributed 9.2 per cent of global GDP and forecasts that this wi

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 12 | Tags: verbal ability     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Arrange the sentences in a chronological order such that they form a proper passage. Sentence E is the SECOND statement and B is the FIFTH statement.

A. The World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) estimate that tourism contributed 9.2 per cent of global GDP and forecasts that this will continue to grow to grow at over 4 per cent per annum during the next ten years to account for some 9.4 per cent of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) (WTTC 2010). 

B. The expenditure associated with tourism flows makes a substantial economic contribution to the Australian economy nationally, by state and by region.

C. Tourism is a major industry globally and a major sector in many economies. 

D. Over time, an increasing number of destinations have opened up and invested in tourism development, turning modern tourism into a key driver for socioeconomic progress.

E. According to the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO), over the past six decades, tourism has experienced continued growth and diversification to become one of the largest and fastest growing economic sectors in the world.

F. Whatever the precise meaning of this term, an essential element of a sustainable tourism industry is economic viability.

G. Much of the tourism literature today appreciates the importance of developing tourism ‘sustainably’. 

Which of the following is the THIRD statement?
1). D
2). A
3). C
4). F

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

The first statement is the one which introduces us to the topic which is clearly C. A follows E as both the sentences talk about the growth of the tourism industry and its contribution to the economy. D follows A as it talks about the growth of the industry. Clearly G and F cannot fit before B . F must follow G as the term is mentioned in G.

Thus the correct order is CEADBGF.

The THIRD statement is A.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the active/passive of - They fund schools for girls.

2. What is the antonym or opposite of word Insolent

3. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.I like (1)/ the poetries (2)/ of Byron and Shelley. (3)/ Noerror (4).

4. What is the synonym of word .GENUINE

5. In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately Find out the appropriate word in each case Today the economies of African countries are growing at

6. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words/expressions are given in bold in the passage to help you locate them while answering some of the questions. Radically changing monsoon patterns, reduction in the winter rice harvest and a quantum increase in

7. In the following question, out of the given four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/Phrase. A hair’s breadth

8. The following sentences form a paragraph. The last sentence of the paragraph is given. The rest of the sentences are numbered as P, Q, R, S and T. These five parts are not given in their proper order. Read the sentences and choose the alternative that arranges them in correct order.

9. In the following question, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the button corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the "No error" option. I agree to you (A)/ on this matter (B)/ and we should proceed. (C)/ No error (D)

10. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. My sister said to me, "You didn't help me yesterday so I will not help you now."