ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

A word is given below followed by three sentences which consist that word. Identify the sentence/s which best expresses the meaning of the word.  LOATH A. Her loath and disgust for racism was apparent. B. On the other hand, if I were just too fascinating the gallant gentlemen might be loath to drown me. C. To know John well was to loath him, as every contemporary chronicle bears witness.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 25 | Tags: error spotting grammar     | error spotting     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

A word is given below followed by three sentences which consist that word. Identify the sentence/s which best expresses the meaning of the word. 

LOATH

A. Her loath and disgust for racism was apparent.

B. On the other hand, if I were just too fascinating the gallant gentlemen might be loath to drown me.

C. To know John well was to loath him, as every contemporary chronicle bears witness.

1). Only B
2). Both A and B
3). Both A and C
4). Only A

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

The correct answer is option 1.

The word 'loath' means 'reluctant or unwilling'.

In sentence A, the word 'loath' is incorrectly used. It does not go with the context of the sentence. Also, the use of the word 'disgust' tells us that it should be somewhere in the lines of 'hatred'.

In sentence B, the word 'loath' is used correctly. The sentence suggests that '...if I were too fascinating the gallant gentlemen might be unwilling to drown me.'

In sentence C, the word 'loath' has been incorrectly used. It does not convey any meaning.

Therefore, the correct answer is option 1.

Note: loathe means disgust.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. The following question consists of a sentence(s) with one blank only. You are given six words as answer choices and from the six choices you have to pick up two correct answers, either of which will make the sentence meaningfully complete. Her husband walked down the path _______ in a three-piece suit. A. Epitaph  B. Dapper  C. Burgeoning  D. Debonair  E. Scurrying  F. Credible 

2. Which of the phrases (A), (B), (C), and (D) given below should replace the phrase given in ??bold?? in the following sentence to make the sentence grammatically meaningful and correct. If the sentence is correct as it is and no correction required, mark (E) as the answer.

3. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.Ridingacross the battle field (1)/ the famous Bhishm (2)/ saw a large number of dead warriors. (3)/ No error (4).

4. Pick out the most effective pair of words from the given pair of words to make the sentences/s meaningfully complete.

5. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.On many occasions (1)/ we did helped the poor (2)/ people by way of giving them food to eat and clothes to put on. (3)/ No error (4)

6. Directions: Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.(A) The group desired to enhance the learning experience in schools with an interactive digital medium that could be used

7. The question below consists of two blanks. From the choices given below, pick the option that makes the sentence meaningfully complete. The_______attainment of our people is necessary for effective individual living or for the_______of the society.

8. What is the active/passive of - He was congratulated by his teacher on his brilliant success in the recent examination.

9. In the fol lowing passage there are blanks. each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each. five words are suggested. one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out We appropriate word in each case.Sotris Trust is the basic tente for all relationsh

10. Select the synonym ofgenre