ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

A passage is given with five questions following it. Read the passage carefully and select the best answer to each question out of the given four alternatives. Vibrant salads, wholesome bites, vegan baking, all vegetarian!” Thus proclaimed a billboard on a stand placed just outside The Lighthous

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 25 | Tags: ssc     | ssc cgl     | ssc cgl tier 2     | ssc cgl 2017     | ssc cgl 21 04 2018     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

A passage is given with five questions following it. Read the passage carefully and select the best answer to each question out of the given four alternatives. Vibrant salads, wholesome bites, vegan baking, all vegetarian!” Thus proclaimed a billboard on a stand placed just outside The Lighthouse Cafe. Well, well, well, I thought to myself, another one of those places designed to attract tourists; can’t be genuine, can it? I couldn’t have been more wrong. I’d embarked on a walking tour of Galway, a city facing the Atlantic, in the Republic of Ireland, and my guide was Billy Murray who told me at the outset that I would be the solitary walker – others had stayed away because of the dismal weather. The weather had indeed been unfriendly, with beating rain, thunder, poor visibility and of course, gray and cold, especially on the Wild Atlantic Way where I had braved the weather and carried on with a coach tour I’d booked earlier, after having spent the previous day driving down to Galway from Dublin. But today the rains had stopped and the sky was clear but still gray and yet, I found the ambience rather romantic and full of promise. “Of course, we’ll go on that walking tour,” I said to a surprised Billy who led me out of the Tourist Centre in downtown Galway and on to the rain-washed street. At the end of the rather comprehensive tour I asked Billy for advice – where should I eat my lunch? And he’d recommended the Lighthouse Cafe near Lynch’s Castle (now a bank) when I specified that I was vegetarian. It seems there are quite a few local residents who are veget arian and more are exploring this choice, mainly because of health and environmental reasons. But the decor inside the restaurant suggested that the owner turned to this choice due to compassion. I remembered then that Billy did mention that Kerry Legh and her spouse, who run the place, practise Sahaj Marga meditation. The lotus flower was a dominant feature of the restaurant’s interior. Be that as it may, my lunch turned out to be one of the best vegetarian ones I’ve ever had anywhere in the world. When I’d entered the restaurant, a large dog that answers to the name of ‘Chieftain’ was seated beside his owner, intently watching him eat, without begging even once. Maybe they too practise some kind of meditation, I figured. What was liked by the author in the restaurant – The Lighthouse Cafe?
1). The lot us flower in the cafe.
2). The dog in the cafe.
3). The vegetarian food there.
4). All of these

SSC CGL Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
NA

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word opposite in meaning to the word given. Colossal

2. n the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'.  “Our focus is to develop and nurture a democratic (1)/ and accommodative space/platform wherever we go, (2)/ so that all kind of arts can flourish. (3)/ No error (4)  

3. Read the following passage and answer the questions given below it. Certain words/phrases are given in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.In a disarmingly frank talk at the Indian Merchants Chamber in Mumbai the Japanese Ambassador in India dwelt at length wise issues

4. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words are printed in bold to help you to locate them while answering some of the questions.Long ago, the country of Gandhara was ruled by a just and good king Vidyadhara. His subjects were very happy, but as the ki

5. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) The Principal forbade /(B) the students not to /(C) stage a /(E) walk out./(E) No Error.

6. Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph: then answer the questions given below them.(A) There are a number of items in the atomic energy programme which are being made indigenously.(B) Given the overall energy situat

7. In the following sentence a part of the sentence has been underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which might improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose option 5. The steps are of great use to modernize the environment, as though if these were achieved sequentially rather than concurrently. A. as though they have been B. though they have not been C. even if these are

8. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Most societies agree that the drive to protect and nurture one's infant is a basic human trait. Yet infanticide—the killing of an infant at the hands of a

9. A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the meaning of the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the option corresponding to 'No improvement'. This place is too much small to accommodate 500 guests.. 

10. In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each,five words are suggested, one of which fills the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.The rise of Asian manufacturers in the 1990s hit A