ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Direction: Read the following information carefully and answer the questions that follow: Eight friends - I, J, K, L, M, N, O and P have admissions in college in the month of July, August, September and October with two tests in each month. Each friend has different date for his test. The test is s

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 35 | Tags: scheduling     | mix     | Add Bounty

Direction: Read the following information carefully and answer the questions that follow:

Eight friends - I, J, K, L, M, N, O and P have admissions in college in the month of July, August, September and October with two tests in each month. Each friend has different date for his test. The test is scheduled either on 20 or 25th of the month.

J’s test is in August. There is one test scheduled between the test of I and J. L and K have test in the same month. I’s test is in the month having 31 days. Test of P is immediately after the test of K. The no of tests between I and M is same as number of tests between L and O. Test of N is somewhere before O.
Which of the following has test scheduled on 25th July?
1). M
2). N
3). Either M Or N
4). I

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

Friends: I, J, K, L, M, N, O and P

Months: July, August, September and October

Dates: 20, 25

1) J’s test is in August.

Friends

Month

Date

I

J

August

K

L

M

N

O

P

2) There is one test scheduled between the test of I and J.

Case 1

Case 2

Friends

Month

Date

Month

Date

I

July

September

J

August

August

K

L

M

N

O

P

3) I’s test is in the month having 31 days. (Case 2 will be eliminated here as it doesn’t satisfy the above condition. September has only 30 days)

Case 1

Friends

Month

Date

I

July

J

August

K

L

M

N

O

P

4) L and K have test in the same month. (I and J have test in July and August and for L and K to have test in same month, it is possible only in September or October)

Case 1

Case 2

Friends

Month

Date

Month

Date

I

July

July

J

August

August

K

September

October

L

September

October

M

N

O

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, out of the given alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/ Phrase. Heena knew that she'd have to burn all bridges with the toxic people in her life to be truly happy.

2. Directions: Read the following information carefully and answer the questions that follows: Some boxes are stacked one above the other. There are four boxes between Indigo box and Pink box. There is one box between Indigo box and Blue box. There are two boxes between Orange box and Green box. Green

3. Ram and Shyam are two partners in a firm. Lucky also joined the firm and he receives 1/3 of his share from Ram and remaining from Ram and Shyam in the equal ratio. New ratio of Ram, Shyam and Lucky are 3 ∶ 2 ∶ 1. Find out the old ratio of Ram and Shyam before Lucky joins.

4. What will come in place of question mark ‘?’ in the following question? [(13230 ÷ 147 × 16.9)1/2 + (624 ÷ 26)2] = (?)3 – 385

5. Directions: Read the information given below and answer the questions that follow. J, K, L, M and N are five mobile in a flagship. They are ranked in the order of Memory - from the Highest to the Lowest- and in order of Price - from the Maximum to the Minimum. K’s memory is higher than N, but

6. Direction: Study the following information carefully to answer the given question: S 2 @ I H 3 U % G H Y 5 J & O A © M X 8 7 A # E K I S ¥ U T 9 L U € G D  How many such numbers are there in the above arrangement each of which is immediately followed by a consonant and preceded by a consonant?

7. In the following question, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the button corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the ‘No error’ option. I vehemently (1)/ believe that (2)/ money cannot bought (3)/ me happiness. (4)/ No error (5)

8. In the question given below, a sentence is given with two emboldened words. Three answer choices are given giving replacements to the option that gives the correct combination of the answer choices. In case, the sentence is correct as it is, select ‘No improvement’. In a dictatorship, p

9. In the following question a part of the question is given in bold. It is then followed by three sentences which try to explain the meaning of the phrase given in bold. Choose the best set of alternatives from the five options given below which explain the meaning correctly without changing the meani

10. Below a statement(s) has been divided into five parts. The one in the bold is the fixed part in which no changes can be made. Among the other parts (A), (B), (C) and (D), find the erroneous part(s). If the statement has no error, mark the fifth option (No Error) The Supreme Court’s order to seal and close (A)/ 27 resorts operating in corridors used (B)/ by elephants in the Nilgiris as a necessary (C)/ step to restore the ecology of these spaces. (D)