ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Cards numbered from 5 to 55 are put in a bag. A card is drawn from it at random. Find the probability that the number on the card is not divisible by 3 but divisible by 7?

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 31 | Tags: probability     | numerical ability     | Add Bounty

Cards numbered from 5 to 55 are put in a bag. A card is drawn from it at random. Find the probability that the number on the card is not divisible by 3 but divisible by 7?
1). \(\frac{7}{{50}}\)
2). \(\frac{1}{{10}}\)
3). \(\frac{5}{{51}}\)
4). \(\frac{{19}}{{51}}\)

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

Numbers from 5 to 55 divisible by 7 = {7, 14, 21, 28, 35, 42, 49}

Numbers from 5 to 55, not divisible by 3 but divisible by 7 = {7, 14, 28, 35, 49}

Number of total possible outcomes = 51

∴ Probability = $(\frac{{n\left( {Favourable\;Events} \right)}}{{n\left( {Possible\;outcomes} \right)}}\; = \;\frac{5}{{51}})$

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the given question,two equations numbered l and II are given. You have to solve both the equations and mark the appropriate answer I) x2 + 6x + 9 = 0 II) y2 + 4y + 4 = 0

2. What will come in place of question mark (?) in the following question? 135% of 480 + ?% of 320 = 728

3. Average of 7 consecutive numbers is 41. Find the highest number amongst them.

4. Direction:- Answer the questions based on the following information. A company produces five types of shirts A, B, C, D and E using cloth of three qualities – high, medium and low , using dyes of three qualities – high, medium and low. One shirt requires 1.5 m of cloth. The following ta

5. A mixture of milk and water contain 10% water. Determine the amount of water to be added to the mixture in order to change the water content to 20% if the initially the mixture is of 40 L?

6. Directions: What will come in place of the question mark (?) in the following number series? 12, 41, 128, ?, 740

7. Directions: Each question below is followed by two statements I and II. You have to determine whether the data given in the statement is sufficient for answering the question. You should use the data and your knowledge of Mathematics to choose the best possible answer. Is the positive integer X divisible by 6? I. When X is divided by 15, the remainder is 3. II. When X is divided by 20, the remainder is 8.

8. What should come in place of question mark ‘?’ in the following number series? 98, ?, 46, 88, 344

9. What will come in place of ‘?’ in the following question? (66)2 + (79)2 = (?) – (44)2 - 1132

10. Directions: In each of these questions, two equations (I) and (II) are given. You have to solve both the equations and give answer I. 2x2 - 7x - 15 = 0 II. 2y2 + 15y + 25 = 0