ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Select the phrase/connector from the three options which can be used to form a single sentence from the two sentences given below, implying the same meaning as expressed in the statement sentences. Technology, as in the case of all millennials, rules the lives of parents today as well. Mothers

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 35 | Tags: english language     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Select the phrase/connector from the three options which can be used to form a single sentence from the two sentences given below, implying the same meaning as expressed in the statement sentences.

Technology, as in the case of all millennials, rules the lives of parents today as well. Mothers from various parts of the world conveniently come together to create communities where they can discuss and seek advice on parenting issues.

1. Because social media has made it convenient for
  2. Hence, we can say social media and technology, as in
  3. Communities created by mothers on social media platforms to discuss

1). Only iii
2). Both ii and iii
3). Both i and ii
4). Only ii

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

Both i and ii can join the sentences in an appropriate manner. Option cannot combine the sentences in the desired manner, as it will leave a significant part of a sentence untouched.

Combined sentence – (i) - Technology, as in the case of all millennials, rules the lives of parents today as well, because social media has made it convenient for mothers from various parts of the world to come together to create communities where they can discuss and seek advice on parenting issues.

(ii) - Mothers from various parts of the world conveniently come together to create communities where they can discuss and seek advice on parenting issues hence, we can say social media and technology, as in the case of all millennials, rules the lives of parents today as well. 

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.In a jiffy

2. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.After knowing truth, (1)/ they took the right decision (2)/ in the matter. (3)/ No error (4).

3.    P- For however elusively, it still knew of harbours and anchors, of homes to which to return, and of barns in which to store the harvest. Q- The works of the early Renaissance and the poetry of Shakespeare vibrate with the compassion for live experience in danger of dying from exposure and neglect.  R- Yes, it was a genius of courage, not of desperate audacity.  S- In this compassion was the creative genius of the age.  

4. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.I asked her how could she go out with Ram (A)/ to watch a movie (B)/ if it started raining yesterday (C)/. No error (D)

5. A sentence has been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active Voice. This has been done by my grandparents to help me in the time of economic exigency.

6. Fill in the blanks with the most appropriate word out of the four alternatives suggested below each question. As of now, the demand for Petroleum ______ increasing.

7. Rearrange the parts of the sentence in correct order.Public goods areP-important as theyQ-mitigate the impact ofR-income poverty and inequality

8. Read the following passage carefully and answer the question given below it. Certain words / phrases have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.The kingdom of vijaynagar had not been enjoying good relations with its neighbouring state, Mahanagar, for a ve

9. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of four alternatives suggested, select the one, which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice.The seawater eventually corroded the pillars of the bridge.

10. Find out the misspelt word