ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

A question is given followed by information in three statements. You have to find out the data in which statement(s) is sufficient to answer the question and mark your answer accordingly. The speed of the stream is 3 km/hr. Find the speed of the boat in still water. I) The boat covered 20 km in 5 hours in upstream. II) The boat covered 20 km in 2 hours in downstream.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 10 | Tags: test     | miscellenaeous     | Add Bounty

A question is given followed by information in three statements. You have to find out the data in which statement(s) is sufficient to answer the question and mark your answer accordingly.

The speed of the stream is 3 km/hr. Find the speed of the boat in still water.

I) The boat covered 20 km in 5 hours in upstream.

II) The boat covered 20 km in 2 hours in downstream.

1). Only II is sufficient
2). Either I or II is sufficient 
3). Both I & II are sufficient
4). None is sufficient

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

Let x km/h be the speed of the boat in still water

y = 3 km/hr, x =?

From Statement I:

Upstream = x - y

⇒ x - y = 20/5

⇒ x - y = 4

⇒ x = 7 km/h

From statement II:

Downstream = x + y

⇒ x + y = 20/2

⇒ x + y = 10

⇒ x = 10 - 3

⇒ x = 7 km/h

Speed of boat in still water 7 km/hr

∴ Either I or II is sufficient.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Following questions are completely based upon numbers. In the test, every question consists of four numbers labelled as option A, B, C and D. Your task is to find out the group of digits which contains a “9”. If digit “9” exists in any number (option) then your answer is that option. If more than one number (option)  has digit 9, the answer will be E.A.88351525   B.14780550   C.92628758   D.58427181

2. Where is the Headquarter of UNCTAD (United Nations Conference on trade and development)?

3. In the following questions, some numbers are given at the left side and some are on right side too. If numbers of both sides are same, then answer would be ‘Y’ (Yes) and if numbers are different then answer will be ‘N’ (No).   A. 498543   B. 498534

4. If the standard deviation of a population is 2.9, what would be the population variance?

5. Following questions are completely based upon numbers. In the test, every question consists of four numbers labelled as option A, B, C and D. Your task is to find out the group of digits which contains a “9”. If digit “9” exists in any number (option) then your answer is that option. If more than one number (option)  has digit 9, the answer will be E.A.206731   B.728167   C.723769   D.812558

6. Two men are running in the same direction with a speed of 6 km per hour and \(7\frac{1}{2}\) m km per hour. A train running in the same direction crosses in 5 sec and \(5\frac{1}{2}\) sec respectively. The length and the speed of the train are respectively.

7. Directions: In the question below are given a statement followed by two courses of action numbered I and II. Statement: The officer In charge of a Company had a hunch that some money was missing from the safe. Courses of action: I. He should get it recounted with the help of the staff and check it with the balance sheet. II. He should inform the police.

8. In the following questions, some numbers are given at the left side and some are at the right side too.If numbers of both sides are same, then answer would be ‘Y’ (Yes) and if numbers are different then answer will be ‘N’ (No).  A. 53604   B. 53604

9. In the following questions, some numbers are given at the left side and some are on right side too. If numbers of both sides are same, then answer would be ‘Y’ (Yes) and if numbers are different then answer will be ‘N’ (No).   A. 807   B. 860

10. A good voltage regulation of a transformer means