ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the alternative that indicates 'No improvement.' A Gujarati didactic stanza likewise blemished my mind and heart. A. bewitched  B. beguiled  C. had a sedentary on 

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 23 | Tags: vocabulary     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the alternative that indicates 'No improvement.'

A Gujarati didactic stanza likewise blemished my mind and heart.

A. bewitched 

B. beguiled 

C. had a sedentary on 

1). Only A
2). Only B
3). Both A and B
4). All A, B and C

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

Correct option - 3

Let's find the meanings of following words :- 

Didactic - intended to teach, particularly in having moral instruction as a hidden motive.

Blemish - to destroy the perfection of someone or something; a defect or flaw.

Bewitch - to charm or captivate; grip; beguile.

Sedentary - An activity that requires a sitting posture for longer hours.

Clearly, such moral stanza cannot destroy someone's mind or heart. Hence, option 5 is eliminated. Also, C is irrelevant with the context. Hence, option 4 is eliminated. Thus, both A and B fit in the blank. Hence, option 3 i..e both A and B is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. A passage is given below with seven blanks labelled (A)-(G). Below the passage, five options are given for each blank. Choose the word that fits each blank most appropriately in the context of the passage, and mark the corresponding answer. The Madras High Court on Thursday delivered a split verdic

2. What is the substitute of - Time spent recovering from an illness or medical treatment

3. What is the substitute of - A short story based one your personal experience

4. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - My friend requested me to bring him a sandwich.

5. In the following question, the sentence given with a blank is to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. They use videos ______ teach the kids.

6. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.to bite off more than you can chew

7. What is the correct alternative of - He has a good command over both English and French is known to all.

8. What is the synonym of word .INFRUCTUOUS

9. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) My friend being ill sent /(B) to his boss an application /(C) explaining why could he /(D) not go to the ofice./(E) Error.

10. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words/expressions are given in bold in the passage to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.Radically changing monsoon patterns, reduction in the winter rice harvest and a quantum increase in r