ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following sentence a part of the sentence has been underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which might improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose option 5. The retainer she had, taught her a lot about life and its ways of teaching lessons. A. Rendezvous B. Lesson C. Experience

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 29 | Tags: vocabulary     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following sentence a part of the sentence has been underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which might improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose option 5.

The retainer she had, taught her a lot about life and its ways of teaching lessons.

A. Rendezvous

B. Lesson

C. Experience

1). Only A
2). Only B
3). Both A and C
4). All three options

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

The word 'retainer' means 'a thing that holds something in place' and is irrelevant in the context. The meanings of the words are:$

Rendezvous=> a meeting at an agreed time and place.$

Lesson=> learning

Experience=> practical contact with and observation of facts or events.$

The word 'lesson' cannot be repeated so the correct options are A and C.$

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).I prefer tea more than coffee

2. A passage is given with five questions following it. Read the passage carefully and select the best answer to each question out of the given four alternatives. Just as space permeates everything in the universe, love permeates every part, every aspect of creation. If there is one answer to the que

3. What is the active/passive of - Has the price rise affected all the people

4. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which is opposite in meaning to the given word and click the button corresponding to it.  Denounce

5. Find out the misspelt word

6. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. She said, "I will have my report finished by tomorrow."

7. In each item two of the words are related in some way i e. they are similar or opposites. Pick out the option which represents this pair.

8. What is the antonym or opposite of word Slave

9. In the following sentence, four words or phrases have been printed in bold. One bold part in the sentence is inappropriate in the context of the sentence. Pick up that part and mark its number. If there are no errors in the bold parts, mark (4) i.e. No error as the answer. The adamant nature (A)/ of the man made others develop an immense (B)/ fondness for him which helped him win hearts. (C)/ No error (D)

10. A sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of the four given alternatives, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice. Sakshi is teaching primary school students.