ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the five alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase. To be constantly or visibly anxious/worried. 

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 33 | Tags: one word substitution     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the five alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.

To be constantly or visibly anxious/worried. 

1). Faulty 
2). Begrimed 
3). Fret 
4). Lethargic 

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

Correct option - 3

Let's find out the meaning of following words :- 

Faulty - Something that is not working or made correctly; having defects.

Begrimed - Blacken with ingrained dirt.

Fret - To be constantly or visibly anxious; worried. 

Lethargic - Someone who is very lazy; sluggish; clumsy; apathetic. 

Sedate - Calm, dignified, and unhurried; composed; placid. 

Here, word fret is the best one word to substitute the given phrase. So, option 3 i.e. fret is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Choose the word which is most similar in meaning to the word printed in bold as used in the passage.

2. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.His father would (1)/ rather die than (2)/ to beg from door to door. (3)/ No error (4).

3. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. I said to my father, "I had a great time yesterday."

4. Each sentence below has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of words for each blank which best fits remaining for the sentence as a whole.

5. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.In any case no disciplinary action (1)/ are required (2)/ to be taken. (3)/ No eror (4).

6. She slipped and ............ her ankle.

7. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the words/sentence. a fundamental truth or proposition that serves as the foundation for a system of belief or behaviour or for a chain of reasoning.

8. The current geopolitical arrangement in the Indian Ocean is changing considerably. The recent years have been witnessing an increased Chinese presence in the region, with China making a surprising shift from the Western Pacific and North Sea to the Indian Ocean. Moreover, there is no denial of the f

9. What is the substitute of - A person who wastes his money on luxury.

10. In which of the following word does the prefix ‘Re’ mean ‘again’?