ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following sentence a part of the sentence has been underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which might improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose option 5. They have gained hugely from the deal so the employees can expect a good bonus this year. A. Gained a lot from  B.Gained huge from C.Gain a lot of

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 24 | Tags: grammar     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following sentence a part of the sentence has been underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which might improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose option 5.

They have gained hugely from the deal so the employees can expect a good bonus this year.

A. Gained a lot from 

B.Gained huge from

C.Gain a lot of

1). Only A
2). Only B
3). Both B and C
4). Both A and C

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
The phrase is correctly structured and needs no improvement. 'Hugely' is the correct adverb here and 'from' is the correct preposition that fits after the verb 'gained.' Thus option 5 is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives. But before I could be inspired by these amazing people, I had to cleanse my feed. I know my weaknesses: just last week, Facebook memories reminded m

2. What is the active/passive of - One must keep one's promises.

3. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.He walks (1) / as if the earth (2)/ belonged to him. (3)/ No error. (4).

4. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. India is a land of fairs and festivals. It is so called because people of various religions live here and they all celebrate their fairs and festival

5. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - He said, "As your mother is ill, you must leave at once."

6. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives. Once there lived an old man who had a bag of gold. He was foolish. he dug a hole in the ground and put the bag of gold into the hole. Then he covered the hole with a stone. He use to visit the

7. Directions: Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.The evolution of Bring your Own Device (BYOD) trend has been as profound as it has been rapid. It represents

8. What is the antonym or opposite of word terminate

9. In the following question, four words are given out of which one word is correctly spelt. Find the correctly spelt word.

10. What is the synonym of word .DEBACLE