ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Select the most appropriate option, out of the five options given for each of the following sentences, which in your view, should be grammatically and structurally correct. Please note that the meaning and the context of the sentence must not change. 

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 25 | Tags: grammar     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Select the most appropriate option, out of the five options given for each of the following sentences, which in your view, should be grammatically and structurally correct. Please note that the meaning and the context of the sentence must not change. 
1). This is the first time in my life that I am seeing an amazing painting as of this. 
2). This is the first time in my life that I see an amazing painting as of this. 
3). This is the first time in my life that I have seen an amazing painting like this. 
4). This is the first time in my life that I saw an amazing painting like this. 

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

Correct option - 3

When clause 'this is the first time, this is the second time, etc.) is used in the sentence, then following structure is used after it:-

Sub + has/have + V3 + Obj.

Hence, option 3 is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which will improve the bracketed part of the sentence. In case no improvement is needed, select "no improvement".  We have lost the magic of living, and (is mired) in numbers.

2. Rearrange the following six sentence (A) (B) (C) (D) (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph then answer the questions given below them (A)The woodcutter thankfully broke off from work and sat down to eat the delicious meal that his wife had sent for him (B)He was in a good

3. What is the correct alternative of - Will you please remind him to switch off the lights when he left my cabin

4. Choose the word/group of words which is most similar in meaning to the word/group of words printed in bold as used in the passage.

5. The American publisher had chosen the works of Charles Dickens to

6. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.  The path runs ______ forests and mountains. 

7. Which of the phrases given below can be placed in the blank to make a complete meaningful sentence which is grammatically correct too? If none of the options is appropriate choose option 5 that is 'none of these' as the answer. Always have a strong positive feeling to your goal that one day you will succeed, _______

8. Madhu has not been able to recall where......

9. Read the given passage carefully and select the best answer to each question out of the five given alternatives. Despite recent job gains, rising wages and falling unemployment, almost a quarter of Americans said they still have no emergency savings, according to an annual Bankrate.com report that

10. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.While mother mixed the cake __________, Dipu stood at the table watching her.