ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select ‘No Error’. A person operating at the pre-conventional level of moral reasoning (1)/ considers any decision or ethical dilemma from the point of view of avoiding (2)/ personal harm, losing or seek personal gain. (3)/ No error (4)

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 27 | Tags: error spotting grammar     | error spotting     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select ‘No Error’.

A person operating at the pre-conventional level of moral reasoning (1)/ considers any decision or ethical dilemma from the point of view of avoiding (2)/ personal harm, losing or seek personal gain. (3)/ No error (4)
1). 1
2). 2
3). 3
4). 4

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

The error is in part 3 of the sentence. It should be ‘seeking’ rather than ‘seek’.

The word ‘seek’ is grammatically incorrect in this context. Seek means an attempt to find something. While seeking is the present participle of seek. Present participle is a participle that ends with ‘ing’, used in continuous tense.

Since the sentence is framed in continuous tense the word seek should also follow the same tense.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. At the meeting, the school counsellor will _________ me on some of my career options.

2. Read the sentence to find out whether there is an error in it or not. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (5). Ignore errors of punctuation, if any.  My brother has a (A)/ fear of trains and (B)/ therefore, he (C)/ always travels in plane. (D)/ 

3. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).The pioneer spacecraft went beyond Pluto.

4. What is the synonym of word .VINDICTIVE

5. Read the passage carefully and select the best answer to each question out of the given four alternatives. Religious architecture forms a major portion of India’s built heritage. These structures are not only unwritten documents of history, they are also stamps of the might of the rulers who bui

6. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) Both Han /(B) as well as his wife /(C) aro deterniined to bring /(D) a” ec^inftepta./(E) No« or

7. I am out of my wits and therefore cannot find a way to solve the problem immediately.

8. Read the following passage based on an Interview to answer the givenquestions based on it. Certain words are printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.A spate of farmer suicides linked to harassment by recovery agents employed by micro finance institutions (MFLs)

9. To be at daggers drawn

10. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.Look at this video clip in which (I, my friend and you) are enjoying a boat ride.