ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. The numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.  Economic theory provides a uniq

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 17 | Tags: vocabulary     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. The numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. 

Economic theory provides a unique ___(1)___ point from which to ___(2)___ issues with respect to ___(3)___ technologies, where standards and adoption, business process changes and implementation outcomes, information security, ___(4)___and business value, and industry impact require care and consideration on the part of senior management strategists and financial services leaders. It is necessary to conduct a research and examine a new ___(5)___ application which is coming into its own around the world, in association with the revolution in wireless connectivity: mobile payments. Although there are likely to be ___(6)___ and shades with this technology application; the readers must recognize that many of the same ___(7)___forces will be at work as were with other financial services and related technology applications in the past. A robust evaluative framework should be applied, that permits identification of the relevant stakeholders and applicable theory in the analysis of ___(8)___, firm, business process, market, ___(9)___and social issues. The ___(10)___ of this research are intended to guide senior managers in dealing with the economic aspects of mobile payments, and to help identify some important directions for the research.

Choose the option that best fits in the blank labelled (3).
1). Transpiring
2). Transforming
3). Emerging
4). Degrading

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

The correct answer is 3. 

The passage refers to some technological procedures (such as wireless connectivity, mobile payments) which have become quite popular in the modern days and are evolving eventually. Therefore, the correct word for this blank should be 'emerging' as it means evolving. 

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Indifference Curve is ______ at the point of equilibrium.

2. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select ‘No Error’. A scared image (1)/ was being carried (2)/ to the temple (3)/ No Error (4)

3. What is the substitute of - Fear of water

4. In these questions, some parts of the sentences have errors and some are correct. Find out which part of a sentence has an error and mark corresponding to the appropriate correct option. If a sentence is free from error, mark corresponding to "No error' option in the Answer sheet.

5. What is the correct alternative of - One of the reason for her failure is the lack of concern for the weak sections of the subject.

6. In each question below, four words printed in bold type are given. These are numbered a:, b:, c: and d:. One of these words printed in bold may either be wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence, Find out the word that is inappropriate or wrongly spelt, if any. The number of that word is your answer. If all the words printed in bold are correctly spelt and appropriate in the context of the sentence then mark e: i.e. All Correct? as your answer.

7. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/ Phrase. Into thin air

8. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which will improve the bracketed part of the sentence. In case no improvement is needed, select 'no improvement'. It has (being) too dangerous for too many people.

9. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives.In a strange________ the production and the consumption of the event become cause for concern. _________wonders whether newer forms of 'non-caring' or violence are appearing. Somehow, silence, even_______-, quietly suppresses a meditation on such events.__________-a professor, I can recollect the number of occasions when my students have cried as we discussed such events in class. _________ society seems so indifferent._____________- a professor,

10. 1. The first illness I read about was cholera. P. I sat for a while, too frightened to move. Q. I came to malaria. R. As I read the list of symptoms , it seemed to me that perhaps I had cholera myself. S. Then , in a kind of dream , I started to turn the pages of the book again. 6. Yes , there was no doubt about it ?" I had malaria too.