ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

The following passage has some numbered blanks. Choose the correct words for the blanks. Youth today are far more equipped with ___(A)___ information than they had a couple of decades back. The ___(B)___ of Technology has brought in this change in the lifestyle of youth. The kind of ___(C)___ the y

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 20 | Tags: vocabulary     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

The following passage has some numbered blanks. Choose the correct words for the blanks.

Youth today are far more equipped with ___(A)___ information than they had a couple of decades back. The ___(B)___ of Technology has brought in this change in the lifestyle of youth. The kind of ___(C)___ the youth have towards Internet, Television, print and other media ___(D)___ one to re-think on the effects that these advertisements have on the minds of the young generation. Internet proves to be one of the best ways of ___(E)___ communication. This is the place where the youth spend maximum of their time, ___(F)___ and downloading material. The exposure that one gets from Internet, Television or any other media through advertisements ___(G)___ the know-how of different cultures, lifestyles and fashion. Youth are ___(H)___ observers of many things, who tend to capture every message from the advertisements. These advertisements directly or indirectly ___(I)___ youth to think on an agenda in the manner in which it is ___(J)___ through the advertisements which may further lead to positive or a negative consequence.

Which of the following fits in the blank labelled(B)?
1). Evolution
2). Spurn
3). Primacy
4). Rules

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

The word 'evolution' means 'the gradual development of something' and fits here correctly conveying the meaning that development of technology has brought changes in the lifestyle of the youth. Option 1 is thus the correct answer. The other words do not fit here.$

Spurn=> refuse, reject$

Primacy=> the fact of being pre-eminent or most important$

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word and click the button corresponding to it.INNOCUOUS

2. In the following passage there are blanks. each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank. appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. I wanted 4 (1) myself a sweater. When I asked my

3. Four words are given, out of which only one word is spelt correctly. Choose the correctly spelt word and click the button corresponding to it.

4. In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the alternative that indicates 'No improvement.'  We hold the power of choice within us, even during the times we think there are none left.  A. hold the right to choose B. hold the ability of making a choice C. hold the capability of choosing 

5. What is the synonym of word .Caricature

6. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase. One who compiles a dictionary

7. In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.Without doubt there is one thing a: to all of us w

8. In the following question, four words are given out of which one word is correctly spelt. Select the correctly spelt word.

9. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).For me, money is only the means to an end.

10. What is the antonym or opposite of word confident