ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

The following question consists of a sentence(s) with one blank only. You are given six words as answer choices and from the six choices you have to pick up appropriate answer/s, which will make the sentence meaningfully complete. A prospective premium of about 30 percent on their initial investment is _______. I. Alluring  II. Enticing  III. Absurd  IV. Paradox  V. Nascent  VI. Refurbished 

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 22 | Tags: vocabulary     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

The following question consists of a sentence(s) with one blank only. You are given six words as answer choices and from the six choices you have to pick up appropriate answer/s, which will make the sentence meaningfully complete.

A prospective premium of about 30 percent on their initial investment is _______.

I. Alluring 

II. Enticing 

III. Absurd 

IV. Paradox 

V. Nascent 

VI. Refurbished 

1). Only I
2). II, III & V
3). Both IV & VI
4). I, IV, V & VI

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

Correct option - 5

Let's find out the meaning of following words:-

Alluring - powerfully and mysteriously attractive or fascinating; seductive.

Enticing - attractive or tempting; alluring.

Absurd - wildly unreasonable, illogical, or inappropriate; stupid; ridiculous.

Paradox - a seemingly absurd or contradictory statement or proposition which when investigated may prove to be well founded or true.

Nascent  - something that just coming into existence and beginning to display signs of future potential.

Refurbished - renovate and redecorate something, especially a building.

Word "prospective" means likely to happen at a future date; probable. And, premium is an amount to be paid for a contract of insurance. Since, 30 percent is a huge amount. Hence, giving such big amount for insurance purpose is beneficial in long term. Hence, I and II give the appropriate meaning to the blank. Thus, option 5 i.e. I & II is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - He said . "Babies,drink milk."

2. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase. Something that allows other substances to pass through it

3. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.It is I (A)/ that is responsible ( B)/ for the mistake (C)/ No error (D).

4. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives and click the button corresponding to it.The Alaska pipeline starts at the frozen edge of the Arctic Ocean. It stretches southward across the largest

5. In the following passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.(201) stringent antipollution laws, mass awarenes

6. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word opposite in meaning to the word given.  Refulgent  

7. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).The greatest fear which is scaring of the world today is global warming.

8. What is the correct alternative of - While walking on the road, a dog bit man.

9. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word opposite in meaning to the word given.Predilection

10. A passage is given below with five blanks labelled (A)-(E). Below the passage, five options are given for each blank. Choose the word that fits each blank most appropriately in the context of the passage, and mark the corresponding answer. The New Deal Congress reacted to the __(A)__ belief that th