ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the alternative that indicates ‘No improvement needed’. The Noid

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 23 | Tags: grammar     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the alternative that indicates ‘No improvement needed’.

The Noida authority has started developing the city's biggest park and will cut around 3,500 eucalypti and around 20 babul trees to make away for the park's development.

A. to make away for the parks

B. to make way for the park's

C. to make the way for the park's

1). Both A and C
2). Both A and B
3). Only B
4). All of the above

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

The correct answer is option 3, i.e. Only B. ‘Away’ is incorrect in the underlined part.

In the given sentence only a single park is referred, hence, ‘parks’ is incorrect thereby, eliminating option A.

Only B seems to be an appropriate replacement of the underlined part.

Hence, the sentence can be correctly written as-

The Noida authority has started developing the city's biggest park and will cut around 3,500 eucalypti and around 20 babul trees to make way for the park's development.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Read the sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical mistake/error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of the part with the error is your answer. If there is no error then ?no error? is your answer. Ignore the errors of punctuations if any.

2. In the following question, two columns are given, containing three phrases each. A phrase from the first column may or may not connect with a phrase from the second column to make a grammatically and contextually correct sentence. There are five options, four of which display the sequence(s) in whic

3. What is the antonym or opposite of word DISSENT

4. In the following question, some parts of the sentence may contain an error. Find out which part of the sentence does not have an error and click the option corresponding to it. If you think all the parts contain an error, mark option 5, i.e. ‘None of these’ as your answer choice. Nineteen-year-old shooter Lakshay (A)/ finished second in the man's trap event (B)/ on Monday too win India's second silver (C)/ medal at shooting at the 2018 Asian Games. (D)

5. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'.When I returned I felt (1)/ a big cat brush side me (2)/ as I opened the door. (3)/No Error(4)

6. In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative in case no improvement is needed, choose the alternative that indicates ''No Improvement.'' The online tutorial class are divided into several groups for the group assignment. A. is divided into several B. is divided in several C. are divided into few 

7. Find out the misspelt word

8. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).The voluntary organization appealed to the people to come forward to help the victims and said that each may contribute what they can.

9. Each question below has two blanks each blank indicating that something has been omitted Choose the set of Words for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole

10. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. At the level of international relations, geopolitics is a method of studying foreign policy to understand, explain and predict international politica