ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which is opposite in meaning to the given word and click the button corresponding to it. Paucity

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 24 | Tags: synonyms or antonyms     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which is opposite in meaning to the given word and click the button corresponding to it.

Paucity

1). Duplicity
2). Dogmatic
3). Abundance
4). Dispel

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

The correct word here is 'abundance.' The meaning of 'Paucity' is 'the presence of something in only small or insufficient quantities or amounts.' As we are looking for opposite word, option 3 is the correct word.  

Duplicity => deceitfulness.

Dogmatic => narrow-minded

Dispel => make (a doubt, feeling, or belief) disappear.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, four alternatives are given for the idiom/phrase in bold in the sentence. Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom / phrase. Reading between the lines I realised that my friend wanted to keep something from me.

2. Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete.If you come across my umbrella anywhere, bring it to me, ______ ?

3. 1. Other than Rome, Philadelphia has maximum number of murals.P. Jane Golden started a programme pairing troubled youths with artists to paint murals.Q. Young people got involved in creating magnificent pieces of art R. The benefit could immediately be discovered.S. The young people became more responsible.6. As a result, the mural programme became a model for other US cities seeking to help troubled youth.

4. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions. Certain words/phrases are given in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.Until the 1960s boys spent longer and went further in school than girls, and were more likely to graduate from university. Now, across

5. In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.Although he is no longer alive, (1) his influence can

6. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).I had my ears bored so I could wear my diamond ear-rings.

7. The following passage has some numbered blanks. Choose the correct words for the blanks. Youth today are far more equipped with ___(A)___ information than they had a couple of decades back. The ___(B)___ of Technology has brought in this change in the lifestyle of youth. The kind of ___(C)___ the y

8. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) All of them will execute /(B) the plan so skilfully /(C) that their officer /(D) will feel surprised. /(E) No Error.

9. Directions : Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it.In many countries, a combustible mixture of authoritarianism, unemployment and youth has given rise to disaffection with strongmen rulers, which has, in turn, spilled over into uprisings. Young people in these

10. In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. The actor has been under fire because of her bold sense of dressing up.