ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select ‘No Error’.  It was by real sorrow (1)/ that I heard this morning (2)/ of your great loss. (3)/ No error

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 17 | Tags: error spotting grammar     | error spotting     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select ‘No Error’. 

It was by real sorrow (1)/ that I heard this morning (2)/ of your great loss. (3)/ No error

1). 1
2). 2
3). 3
4). 4

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

The error is in 1). When you hear of something bad, you experience sorrow while hearing it. Thus, you heard with sorrow.

It was with real sorrow that....

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the synonym of word INCONGRUOUS

2. A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the button corresponding to 'No improvement'.The common fruit fly is technically called as 'drosophila'

3. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words/phrases have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.Mihir and Mahadev lived in the same village, While Mahadev owned the largest shop in the village. Mihir was a po

4. What is the substitute of - Passingout of use

5. To give up the ghost

6. A monopolist charges a price which is ______ than the marginal cost.

7. What is the substitute of - That which cannot be captured

8. Pick out the most effective words from the given words to fill in the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete. By conscience and _______, by deeds of devotion and daring, he soon _______ himself to his fellows and his officers.

9. In the following passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.(201) stringent antipollution laws, mass awarenes

10. Whenever I feel blue I like to listen to slow music.