ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

One part of the given sentence has errors. Find out which part has an error and mark that part as your answer. If there are no errors, mark (5) as your answer. I am disgusted (1)/ with the lifestyle (2)/ that follows in some countries (3)/ of the West (4)/ No error (5)

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 20 | Tags: sentence connector     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

One part of the given sentence has errors. Find out which part has an error and mark that part as your answer. If there are no errors, mark (5) as your answer.

I am disgusted (1)/ with the lifestyle (2)/ that follows in some countries (3)/ of the West (4)/ No error (5)
1). 1
2). 2
3). 3
4). 4

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
The error is in the voice used in the third part of the sentence. Since we are stating a general truth we need to use the present tense in the passive voice. Thus, ‘follows’ needs to be changed to ‘is followed’ to make the sentence grammatically correct.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Which of the phrases at (a), (b),(c)and (d) given below should replace the phrase given in bold in the following sentence to make the sentence grammatically meaningful and correct. If the sentence is correct as it is and ?No correction is required?, mark(e) as the answer.

2. The question below consists of a set of labelled sentences. Out of the four options given, select the most logical order of the sentences to form a coherent sentence. 1. You can get it anywhere P. buy it here Q. but I think it R. will be best to

3. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of four alternatives suggested, select the one, which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice.The teacher will give you instructions.

4. What is the substitute of - One who does not follow the usual rules of social life.

5. What is the active/passive of - Do not inform the police about the robbery.

6. Below a statement(s) has been divided into 5 parts. The one in the bold is the fixed part in which no changes can be made. Among other parts (A), (B), (C) and (D), find the erroneous part(s). If the statement has no error, mark the 5th option (No Error). Speaking at the NDTV's youth (A)/ conclave, yoga guru Ramdev (B)/ commented that the rising prices of / petrol and diesel could cost (C)/ the Modi government dearly. (D)

7. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - He promised , " I will do it tomorrow ."

8. What is the synonym of word .Savour

9. In the following question, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the option corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the 'No error' option. Charles Xavier has (1)/ been a soldier before (2)/ I met him in Italy. (3)/ No error (4)

10. Which of the following word is correctly spelt?