ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

The average weight of 12 apples is 0.5 kg. If 3 watermelons are added in the bag (in which the apples are kept) then the calculated average weight increases by 0.5 kg. What is the weight of 3 watermelons?

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 96 | Tags: average     | numerical ability     | Add Bounty

The average weight of 12 apples is 0.5 kg. If 3 watermelons are added in the bag (in which the apples are kept) then the calculated average weight increases by 0.5 kg. What is the weight of 3 watermelons?
1). 6
2). 10
3). 9
4). 14

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

$({\rm{Average}} = \frac{{{\rm{total\;weight\;of\;all\;items}}}}{{{\rm{number\;of\;items}}}})$

The average weight of 12 apples = 0.5 kg

∴ The total weight of 12 apples = 0.5 × 12 = 6 kg

The average weight of (12 apples and 3 watermelons = 15 items) = 0.5 + 0.5 = 1 kg

∴ Total weight of 15 items = 1 × 15 = 15 kg

∴ The weight of 3 watermelons = 15 - 6 = 9 kg

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, two equations are given. Find the correct answer after solving the equations. I. x2 – 47x + 396 = 0 II. y2 – 59y + 738 = 0

2. What will come in place of question mark ‘?’ in the following question? {(3654 + 1346) × 2} ÷ 200 = ?

3. What should come in place of question mark (?) in the following question? 0.0135 of 270 + 0.07 of 441 = ?

4. In the following question two equations are given. You have to solve these equations and determine relation between x and y. I. x2 – 5x – 24 = 0 II. y2 – 8y – 33 = 0

5. There is a need of 8 bottle of water to fill a bucket when capacity of each bottle is 2.25 litres. How many bottles of water will be needed to fill this bucket, if each bottle is of 1.2 liters capacity now?

6. If the average of (1, 8 and 9), (12, 0 and a) and (5, b and 9) is c, 5 and 7 respectively. Find the value of (2a + 5b – c).

7. Directions: Each question below is followed by two statements I and II. You have to determine whether the data given in the statement is sufficient for answering the question. You should use the data and your knowledge of Mathematics to choose the best possible answer. What is the probability of picking three balls of a different color from the urn? I. It consists of 6 white, 4 red, and 8 black. II. It consists of 6 white balls. The difference between red and black balls is 4.

8. Rakesh on selling a lamp for Rs. 450 bears a loss of 20%. To earn a profit of 20%, he should sell the lamp for 

9. Train ‘A’ leaves New Delhi for Patna at 9 am, running at the speed of 72 kmph. Train ‘B’ leaves New Delhi for Patna by the same route at 1 pm on the same day, running at the speed of 90 kmph. At what time will the two trains meet each other

10. What approximate value should come in place of question mark (?) in the following question? 3.5% of 8924.2 + ?% of 3240.4 = 827.5862