ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. My wife said to me, "This is a beautiful necklace!"

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 27 | Tags: ssc     | ssc cgl     | ssc cgl tier 2     | ssc cgl 2017     | ssc cgl 18 02 2018     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.
My wife said to me, "This is a beautiful necklace!"
1). My wife told me that that was a beautiful necklace.
2). My wife told me this that was a beautiful necklace.
3). My wife told me that that is a beautiful necklace.
4). My wife told me this that is a beautiful necklace.

SSC CGL Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
NA

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. With the value of Bitcoin having fallen by around 70% since its peak late last year, the mother of all bubbles has now gone bust. More generally, cryptocurrencies have entered a not-so-cryptic apocalypse. The value

2. Out of the four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentences and click the button corresponding to it.A doctor who specializes in the diseases of the eyes

3. What is the correct alternative of - We spoke about this yesterday, haven't we

4. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - He said, "I am going to college just now."

5. A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the button corresponding to 'No improvement'.They were all astonished at the team's dramatic success in the competition.

6. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the words/sentence. Be deprived of property or a right or privilege as a penalty for wrongdoing

7. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).He can't read this, nor can I.

8. Directions: Read the passage and answer the following questions. India will today (Oct. 31) unveil the world’s tallest statue, that of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, a leading light of the country’s long freedom struggle against the British. Prime minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the t

9. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best express the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.I said, 'My grandfather snored throughout the night.'

10. The sentence(s) given with blanks are to be filled with an appropriate word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. For each question, choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. A good number of students _______ into civil services.