ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. After many failed attempts to escape, the woman quit trying because she had developed Stockholm Syndrome for her captor.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 25 | Tags: vocabulary     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence.

After many failed attempts to escape, the woman quit trying because she had developed Stockholm Syndrome for her captor.

1). Bloodthirst
2). Anger
3). Disgust
4). Affection

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Stockholm Syndrome is a condition where a kidnapped hostage develops a feeling of trust or affection towards a captor. Thus, option 4 is the correct answer.$

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).During his long discourse, he did not touch the central idea of the topic.

2. Choose the word/group of words which is most opposite in meaning to the word/group of words printed in bold as used in the passage.

3. A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the meaning of the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the option corresponding to 'No improvement'. You might lose your driving license unless you are caught drunk while driving.

4. What is the active/passive of - Why haven't they allowed you to go

5. What is the synonym of word .Culmination

6. What is the synonym of word .EXECRATE

7. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Pay careful attention. ​Like many rich-country governments, Britain’s prides itself on pursuing policies that promote sexual equality. However, it fails to l

8. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.I wish I (knew what was) wrong with my daughter.

9. What is the correct alternative of - No sooner did I open the door that the goons attacked me.

10. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best express the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.The teacher said to the students, 'Don't make noise.'