ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

The following question contains a sentence with only one blank. You are given six words as answer choices from which you have pick up two correct words as your final answer, either of which will make the sentence meaningful. The children repressed childhood trauma to the point of numbness; leading to a _______ of random, and seemingly obscure emotional reactions. A.Plethora B.Variety C.Stupendous D.Vestige E.Theatrical F.Sartorial

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 24 | Tags: vocabulary     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

The following question contains a sentence with only one blank. You are given six words as answer choices from which you have pick up two correct words as your final answer, either of which will make the sentence meaningful.

The children repressed childhood trauma to the point of numbness; leading to a _______ of random, and seemingly obscure emotional reactions.

A.Plethora

B.Variety

C.Stupendous

D.Vestige

E.Theatrical

F.Sartorial

1). CD
2). AF
3). EF
4).

AB

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

The sentence suggests that the blank should contain a word that means a lot of or a wide number of something.

Out of the given words, the only words that give this meaning are plethora and variety.

Meanings of the given words:

Plethora-$a large or excessive amount of something.$

Variety- $a thing which differs in some way from others of the same general class or sort; a type.$

Stupendous- $extremely impressive.$

Vestige- $a trace or remnant of something that is disappearing or no longer exists.$

Theatrical- $of or relating to theatre.$

Sartorial-$relating to tailoring, clothes, or style of dress.$

Therefore, the correct answer is option 4.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the substitute of - A person who attends to the diseases of the eye is an

2. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.To lift or haul something heavy with great effort.

3. The owner of these buildings ................very rich

4. Pick out the most effective pair of words from the given pair of words to make the sentences/s meaningfully complete.

5. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) has a long and distinguished history of calling a spade a shovel. Its Trade and Development Report for this year, provocatively sub-titled&nb

6. In the following question, out of the given alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/ Phrase. When he finally reached the office on Friday, Sayli decided that was the last straw.

7. Choose the word/ group of words which is most similar in meaning to the word/ group of words printed in bold as used in the passage.

8. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives. But before I could be inspired by these amazing people, I had to cleanse my feed. I know my weaknesses: just last week, Facebook memories reminded m

9. What is the synonym of word .grumble

10. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) This book ls /(B) undoubtedly preferable than /(C) that in manny respects and its printing /(D) is also comparatively good. /(E) No Error.