ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In each question given below a sentence is given and is divided into three parts I, II and III. For each part a correct statement is also given. You have to determine what requires correct and mark it as your answer.  The new policy of the government gives constructive advice/ to farmers

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 23 | Tags: grammar     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In each question given below a sentence is given and is divided into three parts I, II and III. For each part a correct statement is also given. You have to determine what requires correct and mark it as your answer. 

The new policy of the government gives constructive advice/ to farmers on the ideal cropping mix and help them/ get the cost plus margin that it has promised them. 

I. The new policy of the government gives construction advice

II. to farmers at the ideal cropping mix and help them

III. get the cost plus margin that it has promised to them. 

1). Only II
2). Only III
3). Both I and II
4). Both II and III

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

Correct option - 5

Firstly, "advice" is a noun, so to elaborate it, adjective constructive should be used. Also, construction will not be appropriate for the context. Since, it is not giving any inference of "building something". Hence, I needs no correction.

Let's find out the uses of following verbs :-

On - any purpose; surface touch.

At- exact time; age; temporary action.

Since, a policy is purposely made. Hence, preposition on is appropriately used. Thus, II needs no correction.

There are certain verbs which do not take any preposition to with them. Such as order, request, near, promise, visit, attend, approach, reach, etc. Hence, III is also correct. 

Thus, option 5 is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Select the antonym of atheist

2. Which of the following statements are FALSE? I. Cash receipts are entered on the credit side of cash book. II. Credit purchase of a land is entered in purchase journal. III. Ledger is a subsidiary book. IV. Petty cash book is a book ha ving record of small payments

3. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) He is a linguist /(B) and always tries /(C) make his students /(D) pronounce a word correetly./(E) No Error.

4. In the following question sentence are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word (s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative out of the four. You should not confide________a stranger.

5. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).The difficulty level of this problem is extremely great.

6. In each question below a sentence with four words printed in bold type is given. These are numbered as (A), (B), (C) and (D). One of these four words printed in bold may be either wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence. Find out the word which is wrongly spelt or inappropriate if any. The number of that word is your answer. If all the words printed in bold are correctly spelt and also appropriate in the context of the sentence, mark (E) i.e. All correct? as your answer.

7. Read the passage and answer the following questions. With fresh reports that the Islamic State (IS) group has bombed Baghdad to produce the “bloodiest day in months,” it’s high time to take a hard look at the Obama administration’s military effort in the Middle East. Recall

8. In each of these questions, two sentences (I) and (II) are given. Each sentence has a blank in it. Five words a:, b:, c:. d: and e: are suggested. Out of these. only one fits at both the places in the context of each sentence. Number of that word is the answer.

9. The sentences given with blanks are to be filled with an appropriate word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. For each question, choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it.I like __________ in the sun.

10. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice. One should keep one's word.