ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Direction: In the following question assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the conclusion among given conclusions is/are definitely true and then give your answers accordingly. Statements: C > B ≥ F < D; A < H = D ≤ I; E ≤ B < L Conclusions: I. L = C II. I > F III. E > F IV. E < C

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 21 | Tags: mathematical inequalities     | mix     | Add Bounty

Direction: In the following question assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the conclusion among given conclusions is/are definitely true and then give your answers accordingly.

Statements: C > B ≥ F < D; A < H = D ≤ I; E ≤ B < L

Conclusions:

I. L = C

II. I > F

III. E > F

IV. E < C
1). None is true
2). Only I is true
3). Only I and III are true
4). Only II and IV are true

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

Given statement: C > B ≥ F < D; A < H = D ≤ I; E ≤ B < L

On combining: A < H = D ≤ I; F < D; C > B ≥ F; L > B ≥ E

Conclusions:

I. L = C → False (C > B; L > B → C > B < L → relation between L and C cannot be determined)

II. I > F → True (F < D ≤ I → implies I > F)

III. E > F → False (E ≤ B; F ≤ B → E ≤ B ≥ F → relation between E and F cannot be determined)

IV. E < C → True (C > B ≥ E)

So only statement II and IV are true.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Choose the sentence from the given options that is grammatically correct. Note here that the context of the sentence should remain the same.

2. What will come in place of question mark ‘?’ in the following question? ∛4.913 ÷ 0.085 × 7.8 + 23% of 1250 ÷ 23 = ? of 337

3. Direction: In each group of questions below are given two conclusions followed by five set of statements. You have to choose the correct set of statements that logically satisfies the given conclusions. Consider the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. Conclusions: No school is a class. All books are notes.

4. Directions: Study the given information carefully and answer the following questions below. In a warehouse, 8 boxes having chits numbered  - 1 to 8 are lucky number of 8 different people A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H but not necessary in that order. Each box has a number written on it from 1 to 8

5. What approximate value should come in place of the questions mark (?) in the following question? (Note: You are not expected to calculate the exact value.) 374562 × 64 = ?2 × 777

6. Direction: Read the following information carefully and answer the questions that follow. In a certain code language, “better late than never” is coded as “T2L E2N A1T E2B” “barking dogs seldom bite” is coded as “N2B G1D O2S T2B” “fortune favors the bold” is coded as “R2F H1T L1B N3F” What will be the code for “honesty” in this code language?

7. In the following question, 1st and 8th statements are in the correct order. Rearrange the remaining statements and answer the question which follows. A. The Gurukul was a type of school in the ancient education system. B. The history of Gurukulam can be traced back to the Vedic age. C.

8. The following question consists of a sentence with one blank only. You are given six words as answer choices and from the six choices you have to pick up two correct answers, either of which will make the sentence meaningfully complete. The diffusion of agriculture and later on iron was accompanied

9. What will come in place of the question mark ‘?’ in the following question? \(\frac{2}{5} \times \frac{4}{5} - \frac{8}{5} \div \frac{3}{5} + \frac{6}{5} \times \frac{9}{5} \div \frac{3}{5} = ?\)

10. Directions: In the following questions, the symbols @, ©, +, % and # are used with the meaning as indicating below. ‘T@U’ means ‘T is not greater than U’. ‘T©U’ means ‘T is not smaller than U’. ‘T%U’ means ‘T is neither s