ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Select the phrase/ connector from the given three alternatives, which can be used to form a single coherent sentence from the sentences given below, implying the same meaning. My sister got a bad grade in Physics. She cannot concentrate at all.  I. Not being able to concentrate II. Getting a bad grade in Physics III. My sister not concentrating

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 25 | Tags: grammar     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Select the phrase/ connector from the given three alternatives, which can be used to form a single coherent sentence from the sentences given below, implying the same meaning.

My sister got a bad grade in Physics. She cannot concentrate at all. 
I. Not being able to concentrate
II. Getting a bad grade in Physics
III. My sister not concentrating

1). Only II
2). I and III
3). Only I
4). II and III

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

The sentences suggest that the first sentence is a result of the second sentence.

So, the joined sentence must begin with the second sentence. 'Because she couldn't concentrate', she got a bad grade.'

This meaning is only shown by the phrase 'not being able to concentrate', given by I.

So, a contextually coherent joined sentence is given by Only I.

Therefore, the correct answer is option 3.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Read the fallowing passge and answer the below questiosnThe development of nationalism in the third world countries, as is well known, followed a very different trajectory from that in the advanced capitalist countries. In the latter it was a part of the process of the emergence of the bourgeois ord

2. In the following question, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the button corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the "No error" option. Sanju fell down / the stairs and / broken his hand.

3. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. The decision of the Lok Sabha to send the national medical commission bill to a standing committee for a re-look is the right one. First proposed in

4. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. Galileo was the first scientist to recognize clearly that the only way to further our understanding of the physical world was to______ to experiment.

5. Rearrange the following five sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), and (E) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them.(A) With so many products and opportunities available in t I lc market. It is very easy to get this planning wrong.(B) Planning, theref

6. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - Gopan said to me, " Can you do this sums for me"

7. My father' s dealings are open and above board .

8. In the following question, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and mark the remaining, i.e., the errorless combination as your answer. My doctor had (A)/ been persistent (B)/ asking me to refrain (C)/ from smoking so much. (D)

9. The sweeping statement by the boss left the conscientious workers disgusted

10. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) The minister, along with his /(B) party colleagues, have /(C) been given a warm /(D) reception at the function. /(E) No Error .