ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the question below a sentence is given and is divided into three parts I, II and III. For each part a correction statement is also given. You have to determine which part requires correction and mark it as your answer. Despite the prevalent of cohabitation,/ marriage ultimately remains the prefe

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 41 | Tags: grammar     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the question below a sentence is given and is divided into three parts I, II and III. For each part a correction statement is also given. You have to determine which part requires correction and mark it as your answer.

Despite the prevalent of cohabitation,/ marriage ultimately remains the preferred alternative/ for most people during an early adulthood.

I.Despite the prevalence of cohabitation,

II.marriage ultimately remains the preferred alternative

III.for most people during an early adulthood

1). Only II
2). Only III
3). Only I
4). Both I and III

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

The error lies in the I part of the sentence. The adjective 'prevalent’ which means ‘widespread in a particular area or at a particular time’ should be replaced with the noun 'prevalence’ which means ‘widespread in a particular area or at a particular time.’ $

Correct sentence: Despite the prevalence of cohabitation, marriage ultimately remains the preferred alternative for most people during an early adulthood.$

Hence the correct answer is option 3.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. Bioengineering combines the design and problem-solving techniques of engineering with biological and medical sciences to improve health-related and m

2. Below are some alternatives which may be used to improve the sentence by replacing the word(s) in bold. You may choose option 1, 2, 3 or 4. In case, no improvement is needed, choose option 5. When supper is being prepared, Robinson Crusoe sat down expecting to enjoy his meal greatly.

3. In each of the questions given below a sentence is given which is then divided into five parts out of which last part is correct. There is an error in three part of the sentence and only one part is correct. You have to choose the part as your answer.

4. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.The scandal that has been revealed recently (A)/ is that there is an alliance (B)/ between this three European companies. (C)/No error (D)

5. Get on the nerves

6. What is the meaning of idiom - I have burnt my fingers in this deal.

7. The boy was .............. of cheating in the examination.

8. In the following question, choose the word opposite in meaning to the given word. CONFORM

9. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the words/sentence. A person or thing that is likely to cause harm

10. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice. The cleaners sweep the streets everyday.