ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In each question given below a sentence is given and is divided into three parts I, II and III. For each part, a correction statement is also given. You have to determine which part requires correction and mark it as your answer. The decision to close down the factory that directly employed around

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 27 | Tags: grammar     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In each question given below a sentence is given and is divided into three parts I, II and III. For each part, a correction statement is also given. You have to determine which part requires correction and mark it as your answer.

The decision to close down the factory that directly employed around 3,500 workers,/ including 2,500 on contract (since put on notice), comes against the/ backdrop of the killing of 13 persons in police firing at an anti-Sterlite rally a week ago. 

I) The decision to close down the factory that directly employing around 3,500 workers,

II) including 2,500 on contract (since put on notice), come against the

III) backdrop of the killing of 13 persons in police firing at a anti-Sterlite rally a week ago. 

1). All I, II, And III
2). Both I and II
3). Only I
4). No correction

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

There is no correction required in the statement. Option 4) is the correct answer.

Let's see why the changes made are wrong:

I - The factory is closed now => it employed workers. factory that employing is grammatically incorrect without is/was either way.

II - Decision = singular => comes.

III - anti starts with a vowel sound => use an.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In each question below a sentence with four words printed in bold type is given These are numbered as 1),2),3),4) One of these four words printed in bold may be either wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence Find out the word which is wrongly spelt or inappropriate if any.The number of that words is your answer if all the words printed in bold are correctly spelt and also appropriate in the context of the sentence mark 5)i.e.All correct? as your answer.

2. Rearrange the following five sentences/ group of (A), (B). (C), (D) and (E), in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them.(A) The owner of the house was furious.(B) After it had gone, a donkey who craved popularity climbed the roof and tried to pe

3. In each of the following questions four words are given of which two words are most nearly the same or opposite in meaning. Find the number of correct letter combination.

4. The below statement has two blanks, which are to be filled with the options given below. Each blank can be filled with more than one option. Find the combination/s which can most suitably complete the sentence without altering the meaning of the statement. If you're angry that your order is wro

5. In the following passage there are blanks each of which have been numbered. Against each number, there are five words one of which fills the blank appropriately. Find the appropriate word in each case. In any organized group of mammals, no matter how co-operative, there is always a (1) for social do

6. The sentences given with blanks are to be filled with an appropriate word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. For each question, choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it.The new railway counter at Dwarka should _____ all travellers.

7. In the following question, choose the word SAME in meaning to the given word. BULWARK 

8. What is the antonym or opposite of word Rapid

9. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which is opposite in meaning to the given word and click the button corresponding to it.ARID

10. P: If representatives do not rule according to the wishes of the people, they are changed in the next election. Q: Democracy is the primary goal of our Indian Constitution. In a democracy, the people are the rulers. R: New representatives who are aware of the needs of the people take their place. Thus, in a democracy, the responsibilities of the people are great. S: They rule through their elected representatives.